or Connect

Posts by antkm1

They all had their ugly features.  Gen 1 had the awful black plastic window on the back (necessary but huge).  The 3G (some people) didn't like the all plastic or the chrome ring around the display.  Personally, I thought it was the nicest design to hold and operate (the 5C being a close 2nd).  I hated the 4 because of the glass back (i'm an Anti-case person, but the later phones forced my hand).  The 5 and 5s i hated because of the metal back and plastic-feeling windows...
I do too.  The 5C might not have been as sexy or high-end looking as the 5S, 6, and 6+ but it is so much nicer to hold, and doesn't need a case.  The aluminum case is way too slippery, and the larger devices make it harder to grip with one hand.  I use the leather case on my 6.  Have used the 6 since December and I already want to go back to the 5s.  If it weren't for the specs and the camera, i probably would have returned it back then after a month.  I gave the larger...
my guess on one possible advantage to removing the home button is in reducing the number of moving parts.  In most of my experiences with iOS devices, the home button seems to fail a lot.  If you read iMore at all, they have tons of DIY articles about fixing buttons, switches, etc. on the phone.  So my guess would be that the buttons seem to be in the majority of things that fail on the devices.  If you can reduce things that fail on the devices, then you can reduce the...
ugh, i have such a love/hate with apple rumors.  This has been talked about for years. Part of me thinks this is in the works but will probably never make the light of day, but the other half has some history.   There has been talk for years that when the first (Gen 1) iPhone was being developed, there was a known rift between Steve Jobs and Jonny Ive about the home button.  Ive never liked the home button, but Jobs insisted it had to be there.  Seems like now with Jobs...
"Those who want the most accurate distance, pace and calorie burn estimates should use Apple's Workout app. Owners are urged to calibrate Watch by taking the device on a run outside with iPhone. The Workout app will draw on iPhone's GPS capabilities to set stride and pace settings on a per-user basis, making distance readings much more accurate. " I have to shake my head at this. Although I haven't got my watch yet. My girlfriend's watch arrived 2 weeks ago. She has...
The iPhone is only 8 years old.  I think you're sensationalizing the notion that the traditional phone is dead and soon to be only legend but i get your point.  How soon we all forget we once had pagers and phones with cords :P 
 thanks!
I think the conclusion have drawn here is that I believe (based on my opinion and perception after trying it on) is that Apple didn't make a device that feels like a watch.  They made a computer that straps to your wrist.  It has watch-like elements, but it just doesn't feel like a watch.  Much like the iPhone doesn't feel like a phone.   Now, that doesn't mean i don't like the device.  The feature set is very nice and I can see getting a lot of use out of it.   I...
Perception and personal preference is entirely psychological (you stating the obvious), but that doesn't mean my opinion has any less logical validity than your's or anyone else's.  And I can tell you, i'm not the only one that I know that thinks this.   Again, please re-read what i said, and my further clarification.  I said the crown felt cheap (loose light feel is probably more accurate...which i did say also), and I even further clarified this.  When I adjust the...
Don't mince my words.  I've been clear with my opinions.