or Connect

Posts by antkm1

I think Time did a great job with this year's selection.  I personally know someone who risked their life helped out in Africa.  She has a very thankless job, working with the CDC.  These volunteers deserve our utmost respect and honor.
I think all my thoughts have already been said here. I use mine all the time.  In the Car, on my commute on the subway, at work. I like to carry my entire collection.  I tried an iPod Nano 6th-gen for about 2 weeks before realizing i never had the songs I wanted and the tiny watch-like screen sucked and the OS sucked and was too slow.   That all being said, 5k iPod Classics being sold on eBay doesn't equate to a large demand IMO.   As For TC'c comments about...
I've been dreaming about a large format tablet this size since the first iPhone was unveiled.  However, given almost 8 years of updates and revisions to the UI of iOS.  I'm not sure if i'm ready to fully accept this as a viable product.  There has to be several things change in iOS before i'd really welcome a tablet this size.   1. handwriting recognition and Apple implemented HW stylus support.  I'm a creative pro (an Architect) and taking notes on drawings (PDF format)...
I'd say that's intentional on UV's part. They don't want you to make 1080p screen copies and dispense them all over the bittorrents. But I know nothing about the logistics of that so maybe I'm wrong.As for Amazon, yes please! That's the one thing that's missing from my current list of subscribed services. Although now that Amazon has their own hockey puck, I doubt we'll see that anytime soon. Unless Apple opens up an App Store and API.
I'd just like to see a Mac Mini with iMac spec's instead of laptop specs.
I wasn't trying to criticize Cook at all.  I think he's done a great job!  I just think this chapter of Apple is going to be a very trying time.  It is quite obvious that from now on, the products and services and Apple produces are definitely Post-Jobs, and a new era...Apple 3.0 as someone above stated.  I just kind of feel (like you said) they've lost a bit of the wonder that they once had in the 2.0 era, and both the iPhone 6 designs and the WATCH designs are a...
I think the proposition, albeit a nice idea, is missing the overall message Apple was making in their presentation.  The whole message was that Apple is introducing a product that is "the most personal" product they have ever made.  It was meant to show off how personalized you can make it, not only in the UI but in the actual style of the device (bands, faces, etc.).  That was the marketing play.  Whether or not that was successful will be up to the customers and future...
So i want a fitness tracker and and iPod nano in one device.  Gps tracking and maps...without having to take my iPhone with me.  THere's enough to think about while on a bike ride (keys, wallet, water).  I really don't care about notifications at all.  Especially if i'm on a longer ride (40 miles+).  I can leave most of that in the car or at home if the watch did NFC, Music and Maps.  The Apple Watch does those things, but cannot be used without the iPhone.  Which is...
that's exactly my point, it wasn't a question.  So basically this watch is out for runners if you can't listen to music on it without taking a phone with you.  Or cycling or any other active sport where you want to take as little with you as possible.  To me, that's a fail!I bike a lot in the park here in town and everyone (even cyclists...dangerous) have headphones on.  So if you can't use it like an iPod (not even sync a couple playlists) and you have to take your phone...
I'm actually very shocked that it's as App rich as it is.  I don't know who copied who, but its seems like Apple wasn't thinking outside the boundaries of the term "Watch" when they designed this.  The first thing they talked about was how accurate it tells the time.  That's not innovation.  that's not a personal experience.  There are a billion other devices out there that do this.  All the other apps?  I find the interface confusing.  the pressure taps vs. the regular...