or Connect

Posts by antkm1

I'd just like to see a Mac Mini with iMac spec's instead of laptop specs.
I wasn't trying to criticize Cook at all.  I think he's done a great job!  I just think this chapter of Apple is going to be a very trying time.  It is quite obvious that from now on, the products and services and Apple produces are definitely Post-Jobs, and a new era...Apple 3.0 as someone above stated.  I just kind of feel (like you said) they've lost a bit of the wonder that they once had in the 2.0 era, and both the iPhone 6 designs and the WATCH designs are a...
I think the proposition, albeit a nice idea, is missing the overall message Apple was making in their presentation.  The whole message was that Apple is introducing a product that is "the most personal" product they have ever made.  It was meant to show off how personalized you can make it, not only in the UI but in the actual style of the device (bands, faces, etc.).  That was the marketing play.  Whether or not that was successful will be up to the customers and future...
So i want a fitness tracker and and iPod nano in one device.  Gps tracking and maps...without having to take my iPhone with me.  THere's enough to think about while on a bike ride (keys, wallet, water).  I really don't care about notifications at all.  Especially if i'm on a longer ride (40 miles+).  I can leave most of that in the car or at home if the watch did NFC, Music and Maps.  The Apple Watch does those things, but cannot be used without the iPhone.  Which is...
that's exactly my point, it wasn't a question.  So basically this watch is out for runners if you can't listen to music on it without taking a phone with you.  Or cycling or any other active sport where you want to take as little with you as possible.  To me, that's a fail!I bike a lot in the park here in town and everyone (even cyclists...dangerous) have headphones on.  So if you can't use it like an iPod (not even sync a couple playlists) and you have to take your phone...
I'm actually very shocked that it's as App rich as it is.  I don't know who copied who, but its seems like Apple wasn't thinking outside the boundaries of the term "Watch" when they designed this.  The first thing they talked about was how accurate it tells the time.  That's not innovation.  that's not a personal experience.  There are a billion other devices out there that do this.  All the other apps?  I find the interface confusing.  the pressure taps vs. the regular...
and there's your $1000 Apple Watch rumor.
I'd imagine if it can control apps on your mac and (as Tim said, his  Apple TV), then there must be some sort of independent element about the device.  I think it's telling that they did not give you much about the specs.  No storage options?  so you can only control things like a remote, not store music or playlists.  So if i want to go out for a run or cycling and want to listen to a podcast or music, I still have to bring a device I can stream from.  I don't see a...
I won't be surprised if this iWearable is just a wrist-worth device.  However, I would imagine it to be more useful to a larger array of lifestyles if it weren't confined to a wrist strap and had the ability to be clipped onto you clothes or worn as a dongle either around your neck on a laniard or from your belt loop.  It's never going to be an aesthetic that's universally appareling for all aspects of life.  To be truly useful in every situation, the option to partially...
Apparently you don't listen to the Accidental Tech Podcast. One of Apple's harshest critics and fans, John Siracusa, had coined the trashcan Mac Pro after it's unveiling. I think it's more a term of endearment really. And yes it does really look like a trash can.