or Connect

Posts by antkm1

So basically you don't have a legitimate reason other than the bottom line.  that's completely the opposite of how apple works.  They look for a need and a solution to that need first...then enter the market at a competitive level. Lot's of how Apple prices things are in a way self-inflicted.  Like the $100 up-charges for storage on the iPad for example.
Again (thinking back to my original post) I ask you...Why?  why does this netbook/ios/osx laptop do that the Macbook Air does not?  Is it really price?  Then if Apple does this, it will be underpowered for most people who want such a thing and will complain.  What do you really want in a mobile computing experience and what is wrong with the current line-up?  is it really price?  is it that you want a device that runs iOS and OSX together?  Why?  why is that so important?...
I am not blaming apple for anything.  might not want to put words in my mouth and re-read what i've said.  I blame the content owners should anything of what i've state comes to pass.
i know the talks have been on-going but i haven't heard if there was a buy-out or merger or not...yet.
This is the reason why Wall Street analysts don't work for creative companies like Apple or whomever. Wall Street looks at the bottom line. What's the price point, and works back to the type of product that might fill that price point to make the most profit and highest market share. Apple starts at the product, then figures out how to get to the price point or nearly there, never compromising experience for cost. It's two different ways of looking at product design...
There is a fundamental argument to be made against the thought of a more fully-featured iPad or iOS device with a keyboard. iOS and the iPad was designed to be an easy to use and modestly yet powerfully equipped mobile computing device. And thing more is a PC. When all the power users and tech bloggers and journalists and analysts get on this kick that iOS and the iPad needs to be more "full-featured", I interpret that as they just want a smaller, touch screened...
Once again this brings up the thought of an Apple branded cable stb. Ugh I really hope that's not the case. I am one of the small but slowing growing minority groups that use an Apple TV as my only source of TV content. iTunes, Hulu and netflix. We have antenna but have yet to use it. We don't watch sports or local news and our bill ( yes we still rely on cable company for data only) is about $100 less every month. We will not go back to the subscription cable model...
That's how the iTunes TV and movies currently work, and they show ad-free. Only difference is they upload the day after. Big deal I say. Screw Ads, I get enough of them on hulu+. And now the paid deal is no better than live TV ads-wise. Wasn't like that 12 mos. ago.
look at the example of HBO Go app and ESPN app.  Those apps require a cable sub. to work.  With this rumored deal between Netflix and Comcast, who's to say Netflix will not start requiring a cable sub. to access content on ATV?  With Comcast in rumored talks to buy NBC/Universal (who owns Hulu+)...who's to say if that deal goes through, Hulu might require a Cable sub to work on the ATV.  and so on and so forth.  I'm sure Apple will release a device that does work without a...
just tried it.  User Control - Login window.  Tried to tap to click on my account...nothing.  no response.  click...worked.  Fail!I'm using a late 2012 MBP running the most current build of Mavericks.  does the same on a restart.  Must be a feature reserved for SSD Macs.