or Connect

Posts by antkm1

I sure hope they allow us to hide apps.  I know for a fact that i won't be using the Photos, Email, or stocks Apps.  Email is not a "Glance-able" thing to me.  I could care less about checking stocks on my watch.  and photos seems totally pointless on a screen that small.  Even smaller than the iPod Nano screen.  No thank you!   To me, this watch is for fitness and very quick glances.  Weather, Time, reminders, quick Messaging via siri, Maps (where the heck am I kind of...
It does seem odd that the Apple Watch App is an app at all, don't you think?  The Nike Fitness App pops up when you have a Fuel band configured to it.  Otherwise, it's "hidden".  Why can't the Watch App be something hidden in Settings until you actually try to pair a watch to the phone?   With the Activity App.  Why not just allow iPhone Users to use the plethora of sensors on the iPhone to use the app?  You know why?  They want you to buy the watch.  Duh.  But it would...
That's a thought, sure.It is curious...based on the "tip" that the ATP crew got (about the connector to the rumored 12" Retina MBA)  Perhaps this connector is USB type-C...man, that would piss people off.  But then if they did intro the MBA+r also, it would make sense to into this connector on both devices in one event.
I think it's very likely the TV is already ready...probably has been for at least a year or so.  They're just trying to iron out deals with content providers.  It's entirely plausible to think that the UI and OS updates have been finished a long time ago.
Although I too think any other product other than the WATCH is unlikely to be announced on Monday, I keep asking myself, "is it really going to detract from the Watch to release something else new at this event?"   The reason being (as was discussed on the latest ATP), there's really not that much more you *can* talk about with the Apple watch that would take up an entire hour...Most of what they are going to go over that's new, won't take that much time to discuss at...
I was talking more about the Post-Mao era.  Despite western influences the culture and the younger generations have create the China that you see today.  There's a drastically different culture even between the generations.  But I suppose that's true with a lot of cultures globally too.
Dragonstar in Beijing malls are also very nice stores, all Apple.  It's almost like they copied the apple store's look too.
AI: you should have visited mainland china, not taiwan.  Taiwan is not China.  Shanghai, Beijing, Chengdu, Guangzho.  That's China.  I wouldn't even consider Hong Kong and parts of Shanghai really China.  They are much too westernized now.   I work 6 months of the year in Beijing.  It's funny, My employer asked me to buy him an iPhone in the USA for him.  They're still cheaper in the USA.  I was a little nervous that i'd have to pay something like a taxes or something at...
I think Time did a great job with this year's selection.  I personally know someone who risked their life helped out in Africa.  She has a very thankless job, working with the CDC.  These volunteers deserve our utmost respect and honor.