or Connect

Posts by antkm1

well, that's it. if the next ATV requires a pay-tv service to work. I'm out. We cut our cable service off over a year ago an I don't miss that $120/mo cable bill one bit. (we get over-air, Hulu, Netflix on the ATV). I've been waiting to upgrade my Gen 2 ATV (the first "hockey puck" 720p) since what seems like forever and a day and if this is the future of ATV, i don't want any part of it. If this happens, it can only mean that Apple really wanted to get this new...
join the club. I said that on say one of these rumors.
To me, this sounds like a complex solution to something that's really not that big of a deal to most. Sure the clickable surface area is reduced, but after a short while, I hardly realize the issue. I use click/hold and click/drag with two hands so it's really a neglagable experience to me. I can see there is a problem with the single hinge click. But I've used vibration click displays on smartphones and it's just not as obvious and discernible. And there seems (by this...
Personally, I would miss the feedback provided from an actual *click*.  But, i'd have to try it out to see how i'd really feel about it.  I just don't see what's the big deal about eliminating the click feature.  Just to save a millimeter or two in the thickness?  Yes i know, it's a moving part and those can fail, but i've had issues with taping and scrolling (not enough to justify a Genius Bar appointment, but consistent enough).  It will sense my lightest tap, but...
you know what this means right?  Apple will release some super thin and light notebook and people will swoop it up.  However, from what we've read it sounds like it will be pretty under-powered for power users (who will be the first to buy this).  Then, everyone will complain that it's too slow, it over heats (due to the common usage of Power users and lack of fan) and everyone will be demanding Apple *must* improve this 'disappointing entry-level Mac'.  Personally, I just...
my girlfriend's Mac is a 2009 MBP and it most certainly has a face.  Noisy little bugger when watching video or streaming content.
there are a few uses still for the click.  When you restart or start up the Mac, you have to click to select your user account.  I've tried tapping more times than i can count.  Also, click-drag is still more intuitive and quicker than tap twice to move.  I usually click and hold with left hand and drag with right.  you can also two-finger scroll while click&hold with the other hand.  Sure, OS X has implemented other ways to do this without having to click and/or...
i've had skydive on my work PC for 2 years now and every time i try to login, it fails to login.  so i close it and never use it, until i have to reboot, then it tries to open and login but fails.  So i close it and never use it.  Plus, I'll be going Bootcamp in the next 6 months, since my work PC is only used for AutoCAD and some legacy graphics programs that my wallet doesn't want me to replace anytime soon, i'd rather it just sync in another way besides having to...
I've never been a fan of MS Bloatware and the overly complex Office suite for what the average user needs it for.  But...I did pick up the Home/Office Suite 2010 for my work PC and i'd have to say One Note was hands-down the best App in the entire Office suite.  My only reservation is that it's probably tied to the MS One Drive instead of iCloud.  Which is not surprising since it is a MS product.  I still prefer iWork Apps in general but as a note taking app for the...
Agreed.  I wasn't saying it's a fail because the size isn't conducive to single-handed use.  just stating the obvious.  I too have the same issue with my 5s.  Despite the increased gesture based controls the tall screen is just a hair too long of a reach for my small man hands :PThat's where i differ from Gruber's argument that if a larger screen iPhone is the next Generation, there will not be a 2nd smaller screen option.  I think Apple will obviously offer the 5s in some...