or Connect

Posts by antkm1

Apple didn't think so.   iPhone 3G & 3GS Current budget iPod Touch   Sure, White bezel on white body would look better, but in many opinions the black bezel on colored (including silver) bodies just looks better.
When has Apple ever done something like this? That makes absolutely no sense from a budgetary, manufacturing and cost-effectiveness POV.  Especially if this iPhone is supposed to be a low-cost or budget model.   Yes, we've seen the Auto industry does this, but now they even realize how much more money that costs.  Ford is going back to the "world-car" model rather than catering to the EU, Asian and others markets.  Now, the Ford Focus is the same in any country, save for...
Ugh!!!  Please get rid of those damn White Bezels!  I know it will make me and John Siracusa happier.
I think the real argument would be resolution on Apple's side.  Cook probably just doesn't want to show his deficiency in talking tech lingo so he looks at the whole picture in more general terms.  Which he should since he's CEO and not head of Technology.   Sure, they made amazing 4" and 9.7" retina screens.  But the 9.7" 'retina' is a lower pixel density, which is a "trade-off" since you don't hold the device as close to your eyes.  It's yet to be seen if 4.8"...
I think you hit all the big cost-saving measures.  Display, Battery and Memory are usually the highest cost features.   Also, this might be a stretch but...since we've heard recently that Apple has sealed a deal with Taiwuan Semi, I think that will get us some cost-saving since Apple wouldn't have to rely on Samsung as much for the chips, and pay Samsung's Apple-tax to build them.  That same logic could also be adapted to Display Tech and other components that Apple...
Assuming all these rumors are true and the low-cost phone is this candy-shell thing. Yes, they will sell well if the price is right.   However, in the price range of the category of smartphone Apple would need to get into to make any kind of dent in market share...they won't go that low.  And I fear the stock price will probably drop again pretty big if that happens.   Now I could be wrong.  Looking at the iPod & iPod Mini and the Nano when it first came out...ended up...
it's interesting that the iPad doesn't seem to so any signs of a "tick-tock" form-factor or release schedule.  The initial form factor lasted a year, but he 2nd lasted for 3 generations.  I wonder if Apple is going with the Macbook method of design releases.  That would make a lot of sence since it is a premium product and it's not a subsidized product.  Sure, you geeks out there upgrade once every generation but most people will probably upgrade every 3rd or 4th.  I...
So AI, you have to document, what's the actual dimensions?  We know it's going to be thinner.  everyone keeps saying It will be narrower and shorter.  So, what's the document say?  These photos are too bury to see, do you have any better images?  We would put a lot of rumors to bed if we had that info.  You have the doc, what does it say?
I doubt that will ever happen. If things do get worse for Nintendo, we might see and exclusive partnership between the two. Kinds of like nintendo would be the only games allowed on the Apple TV natively. But even that's a stretch since apple loves their developers.
here, here!!! thanks, I was going to Google it when I had time.