or Connect

Posts by antkm1

I was never one to whine that iOS 6 and earlier ever really looked dated at all.   It was simple and user friendly.  I never wanted them to flatten anything.  Sure simplify some of the Skeuomorphic stuff, fine by me but never really had a problem with it before.  Check some of my posts from about 6 months ago if you care enough.  Personally, I thought the Skeuomophic stuff was what gave Apple OS' their personality.  Friendly, intuitive and familiar.  it needed very little...
I think that's the inherent problem with digital UI.  You have to reference something, because it's all just pixels anyway.  How do you visually represent a series of digital publications in a GUI?  you have to make them look like something familiar...otherwise you have various sized blobs or images with text in the middle.  Oh, wait, that's Game Center.  Apparently, not even Team Ives knows what games should look like.  A magazine has to look like a magazine.  A note has...
totally agree with you.  And I just wished the tech press/blog-o-sphere would focus more on these kinds of "improvements" than what the freakin' app icons look like.  These basic UI changes are way more important than flashy colors, gradients and translucency.  
heck, they tried to over simplify even their own hardware.  Remember the 3rd Gen iPod Shuffle?  They took away all but one physical control and people hated it.  Now they want to take away all the buttons from iOS.  Well, time will tell.  Personally, I think all these transluscent screens are a bit too Windows Vista for me but what do I know?  Gruber et. all seem to think this is the new 'timeless' design of iOS that will take it another 5+ years, but I think it's going...
don't get me started on a sunny day in the weather app.
The only thing I don't dig about this really has nothing to do with me and everything to do with the non-techy-users.  There are arguably many more non-tech users of iOS devices than there are techy users.  What (IMO) drew those types of users to the iOS platform was it's very clear and intuitive UI.  With the advent of iOS 7 and the removal of some of the more discoverable and less intuitive UI features, I fear those will drive away some of the current users and new...
I would love for some more information about the design strategy with relation to App coloring.   It seems like most Apps are primarily "white" where as just a few are mostly "black".  but I don't see the clear logic behind the decision to make an App black over white.  Seems like a lot of 'utility apps' are mostly black (i.e. stocks, compass and now voice memos).  By utility, I mean apps that perform a single purpose and do not interact with other apps.  One could...
i'd say that's a pretty safe bet to make.  The iPhone and the Pro..although I doubt they'll call it iPhone Pro.
agreed on the "Less Premium" feel to it. disagree that Apple will go with a 3rd party processor...very un-Apple-like. disagree that Apple will omit Siri.  It's part of the standard features and even the 4s has it.  So there's not sense in omitting something that's been a standard feature in Apple devices for nearly 2 years now. My guess about retina display is that it's the norm now for the iPhone and it probably make little sense to downgrade now.  Also since Apple has...
it's very likely that he thicker iPhone 'light" is going to have older/slower parts in it to save money.  The article does say something to that effect regarding the camera.  Perhaps Apple will be using some parts from the iPhone 5/4s in this low-cost option, hence the need to make it thicker.