or Connect

Posts by antkm1

Once again this brings up the thought of an Apple branded cable stb. Ugh I really hope that's not the case. I am one of the small but slowing growing minority groups that use an Apple TV as my only source of TV content. iTunes, Hulu and netflix. We have antenna but have yet to use it. We don't watch sports or local news and our bill ( yes we still rely on cable company for data only) is about $100 less every month. We will not go back to the subscription cable model...
That's how the iTunes TV and movies currently work, and they show ad-free. Only difference is they upload the day after. Big deal I say. Screw Ads, I get enough of them on hulu+. And now the paid deal is no better than live TV ads-wise. Wasn't like that 12 mos. ago.
look at the example of HBO Go app and ESPN app.  Those apps require a cable sub. to work.  With this rumored deal between Netflix and Comcast, who's to say Netflix will not start requiring a cable sub. to access content on ATV?  With Comcast in rumored talks to buy NBC/Universal (who owns Hulu+)...who's to say if that deal goes through, Hulu might require a Cable sub to work on the ATV.  and so on and so forth.  I'm sure Apple will release a device that does work without a...
just tried it.  User Control - Login window.  Tried to tap to click on my account...nothing.  no response.  click...worked.  Fail!I'm using a late 2012 MBP running the most current build of Mavericks.  does the same on a restart.  Must be a feature reserved for SSD Macs.
well, that's it. if the next ATV requires a pay-tv service to work. I'm out. We cut our cable service off over a year ago an I don't miss that $120/mo cable bill one bit. (we get over-air, Hulu, Netflix on the ATV). I've been waiting to upgrade my Gen 2 ATV (the first "hockey puck" 720p) since what seems like forever and a day and if this is the future of ATV, i don't want any part of it. If this happens, it can only mean that Apple really wanted to get this new...
join the club. I said that on say one of these rumors.
To me, this sounds like a complex solution to something that's really not that big of a deal to most. Sure the clickable surface area is reduced, but after a short while, I hardly realize the issue. I use click/hold and click/drag with two hands so it's really a neglagable experience to me. I can see there is a problem with the single hinge click. But I've used vibration click displays on smartphones and it's just not as obvious and discernible. And there seems (by this...
Personally, I would miss the feedback provided from an actual *click*.  But, i'd have to try it out to see how i'd really feel about it.  I just don't see what's the big deal about eliminating the click feature.  Just to save a millimeter or two in the thickness?  Yes i know, it's a moving part and those can fail, but i've had issues with taping and scrolling (not enough to justify a Genius Bar appointment, but consistent enough).  It will sense my lightest tap, but...
you know what this means right?  Apple will release some super thin and light notebook and people will swoop it up.  However, from what we've read it sounds like it will be pretty under-powered for power users (who will be the first to buy this).  Then, everyone will complain that it's too slow, it over heats (due to the common usage of Power users and lack of fan) and everyone will be demanding Apple *must* improve this 'disappointing entry-level Mac'.  Personally, I just...
my girlfriend's Mac is a 2009 MBP and it most certainly has a face.  Noisy little bugger when watching video or streaming content.