or Connect

Posts by antkm1

Minority Report is coming true.
being an owner of the leather case, i'd have to say it's a mixed bag.  I have the Gold 5s with a Product (RED) leather case. Half of me really likes the soft-touch yet grippy leather.  However i find it gets really dirty very quickly. now that may be because of the very supple and toothy leather.  And i consider myself extremely cleanly person, but damn that case gets dirty quick.  So ½ of me thinks it's great, the other thing is self-conscious that i'm a dirt magnet. I...
it's not a fact that 16GB is *worthless* as you say.  not everyone has the same needs for storage as others.What if you don't play massive memory-hog games?You listen to you music with iTunes Match?Watch movies on the netflix or Hulu App? There are many ways to use the iPad and many differing types of users.
I find it hard to believe that AppleCare covered you getting your iPad wet.  Most iOS devices (i don't know about the iPad) have sensors that trigger when the device gets wet.  and I don't think AppleCare covers that because it's really your own damn fault for getting it wet.  You must have had one sympathetic Genius.  And I think the others on here commenting about your profession because your original post insinuated you use your iPad as your photography device.  Not a...
well, my circle of tech friends thinks the opposite of you.  We'd rather have more storage on the iPhone for music alone.  I'm still using my iPod Classic because i need greater than 64GB of space for my entire collection.  128 would be perfect and i could finally retire the Classic. Although I still prefer the tactile feedback of the click-wheel over the touch interface.  however the headphone remote gives back about 85-90% of that. My former iPad 2 had very little on it....
when i got my iPad 2 in March 2011 i got the Applecare and I'm totally glad I did.after the first 20 months or so, the screen started showing signs of "screen retention".  It had almost exactly 120 days left on the Applecare.  They tested it in the back of the Apple store, came back and confirmed it.  Gave me a replacement (Dec. 2012).  This replacement lasted for about 1.5 months when I started noticing that the bezel was making a snapping sound when i pressed down around...
Re: iPhone 5c... I think we all figured the 5c would gain market share as time went on.  As more people buy it and news spreads that it's more comfortable to hold and the Touch ID isn't that big of a deal, the $100 less price-point and shinny colors will win out.  I have the 5s and my better-half the 5c and frankly, I prefer the design and ergonomics of the 5c over the 5s.  If it had Touch ID and the Camera improvements, it would be by far a better overall device than the...
Agreed, Re: my previous post.I will be one  of that spur of upgrades, been waiting for the weight to go down before upgrading.  However, I don't think I'll be an early adapter.  Sold my iPad 2 in Sept. for a good price (nearly $330) but I'm finding I miss it less than 50% of my computing time.  Actually thinking of waiting until Q1 or Q2 to upgrade.  And if it doesn't have Touch ID, I might not upgrade at all.
And i'd been saying since i bought my iPad 2 that it was just a tad too heavy.
I've been saying for quite some time that retina doesn't matter and people want screen size and cheapness in the iPad…this new metric kind of proves my point…but, of course i'd like to see the breakdown of user type (i.e. educaiton, business and consumer usage stats related to each).  I say that because it's a known fact that the Education sector has been very active in purchasing the iPad 2.   I this age of computing, people want a full-featured, large screen, less...