or Connect

Posts by antkm1

my girlfriend's Mac is a 2009 MBP and it most certainly has a face.  Noisy little bugger when watching video or streaming content.
there are a few uses still for the click.  When you restart or start up the Mac, you have to click to select your user account.  I've tried tapping more times than i can count.  Also, click-drag is still more intuitive and quicker than tap twice to move.  I usually click and hold with left hand and drag with right.  you can also two-finger scroll while click&hold with the other hand.  Sure, OS X has implemented other ways to do this without having to click and/or...
i've had skydive on my work PC for 2 years now and every time i try to login, it fails to login.  so i close it and never use it, until i have to reboot, then it tries to open and login but fails.  So i close it and never use it.  Plus, I'll be going Bootcamp in the next 6 months, since my work PC is only used for AutoCAD and some legacy graphics programs that my wallet doesn't want me to replace anytime soon, i'd rather it just sync in another way besides having to...
I've never been a fan of MS Bloatware and the overly complex Office suite for what the average user needs it for.  But...I did pick up the Home/Office Suite 2010 for my work PC and i'd have to say One Note was hands-down the best App in the entire Office suite.  My only reservation is that it's probably tied to the MS One Drive instead of iCloud.  Which is not surprising since it is a MS product.  I still prefer iWork Apps in general but as a note taking app for the...
Agreed.  I wasn't saying it's a fail because the size isn't conducive to single-handed use.  just stating the obvious.  I too have the same issue with my 5s.  Despite the increased gesture based controls the tall screen is just a hair too long of a reach for my small man hands :PThat's where i differ from Gruber's argument that if a larger screen iPhone is the next Generation, there will not be a 2nd smaller screen option.  I think Apple will obviously offer the 5s in some...
So basically these rumors are saying it's going to look like the Mi3 from Xiaomi? http://www.xiaomi.com/sg/mi3/#design this one has a 5" screen (8mm Thin)...looks a lot like the iPod Nano.  one of my co-workers (in China) has this.  I've played with it.  it's just too big to hold in one hand.  and it's so thin and slippery (magnesium case) that you just can't grip it comfortably like you would the current iPhones.  You really have to hold it like a tablet.  Single-handed...
Trust me, the UI on other boxes and tv's are much much worse.
It's a nice app.  However I have a few issues. 1. the comments section.  I can't seem to figure out how to read all the comments.  it seems to stop (on this thread) at 10.  Also, I can't seem to find a login to post replies or section to add replies to the comments thread.  Edit: ok, I think the person above my comment here says something about the "forums" section.  Yeah, that's not very intuitive.  Should be more like the website/browser interface. 2. Subscription vs....
Xbox ControllerPS Controller. I'd say it's more Xbox-like than PS.  Granted i like that the Xbox controller has a joy pad at the upper left over the PS, as you described it. But I can easily see how MS would not appreciate the design queues here.
is it just me, or does the end of the Fan Unit (correction: Heat Sink) look remarkably similar to Darth Vader's triangular breathing mask? Just saying :P