or Connect

Posts by antkm1

Yet they broadcast it on ATV a few hours later, un edited?
there are deals that had to be made to even get the iPhone or any other apple products for sale in china. From my experiences over there, it seems the Gov'nt wants to keep Chinese money in the country. So they hike up prices there to keep some of that profit and money in the country.
Re: my post http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/159466/first-look-apples-new-iphone-5s-and-5c#post_2393727 in this forum.
 I don't think Apple is doomed, I just think they missed the mark on this event in many ways.  I'm ready to upgrade my iPhone 4, but i'm neither of these phones are too exciting for my wants/needs.  But i have to go Apple since I'm locked into their ecosystem.  So it has to be Apple, and I'm ready now for an upgrade, but none of the options presented are all that exciting. I need an off-contract phone that I can use in the US and China.  I currently carry 2 phones, an iPod...
 the begining of the presentation was all about live streaming events, yet they didn't live stream this one?  Ironic, or just stupid?
 couldn't agree with you more...100%
 I think that is EXACTLY what Apple is hoping you'd say.  However, considering they are not taking pre-orders on the 5S, this logic of Apple's makes no sense.  There was a study about the Chinese market and what the "Sweet Spot" is for pricing.  It was around $487. So naturally Apple decided their device is worth more profit than that.
My question about the case, if you watched the video...Mr. Ive took an awful lot of time and smugness to describe how wonderful this new chassis design is...how great is feels in your hand, how durable and high quality it is....blah, blah, blah.  Oh, yeah, lets hide all that with these fugly looking cases.  Not to mention they missed that the back whole partially cover the "iPhone" moniker and the testing labels.  Bad design detail.  why didn't they just hide a couple hole...
 My question, if you watched the video...Mr. Ive took an awful lot of time and smugness to describe how wonderful this new chassis design is...how great is feels in your hand, how durable and high quality it is....blah, blah, blah.  Oh, yeah, he's hide all that with these fugly looking cases.  Not to mention they missed that the back whole partially cover the "iPhone" moniker and the testing labels.  Bad design detail.  why didn't they just hide a couple hole so we didn't...
 That was exactly what I was thinking.  After the iPad updates, the iPod classic and the iPhone 4S will be the only two devices using the 30-pin connector.  To me, that one of a couple really bad decisions Apple made with this event.