or Connect

Posts by antkm1

That's why i speculated that this year is just a huge "transition" year for Apple.  And i think in the early months of this year it was highly speculated that this year was going to be full of flatness for Apple both figuratively and financially.  I think with iOS 7 and the new line-up of Macs, Apple is hinting at the future of the company for the next few years.  Better battery life, better this and that, but nothing earth-shattering until the next few years.  2014 and...
I know Apple has better marketing info and a know better how to plan their own launches, but... i think it was a mistake to do a 2-phone release when the screens sizes are the same. Had they launched a 5"-6" iPhone (as predicted for 2014) and a lower-cost 5c.  I think there would be a much greater difference between the two and would make a much better marketing statement about the product line.  I'm assuming the 5c next year will get all the internals and features of...
I think you mean HBO???
 I fit this description.  I'll tell you my impressions after i get my 5s.  Still waiting and I ordered 7 minutes after midnight on launch.  The price you pay for Gold.  If you want to know the impressions of a 4S user after going to the 5S just listen to the latest ep. of "Accidental Tech Podcast".  Casey Liss had a glowing review: http://atp.fm/episodes/32-it-doesnt-bother-me
 I completely agree with you!  My better-half wanted the "She-Hulk" Green 5c and that's what she got.  After holding and playing with both.  I am still convinced the 5c is the better design but i still got (and still waiting) for my gold 5s.  "Gold is best".  I could have prolly waited in line at the SF store (since I was literally 2 blocks away awake in my hotel room at midnight before launch) and got a black one on opening day...which still urks me that people are...
I made it a point to collect every *design change* since the first iPhone.  I currently have: The original (post price cut), 3GS, 4, 5S and 5C. I never bought the 5 or the 4S and gave my original 3G to my brother's step daughter who in affect cracked the screen after owning it for a couple weeks (grrr, after i owned for 3 years without a scratch).  However, seeing all 8 phones together i'm almost thinking I should have kept my 3G and got a 4S and 5 on the cheap.  Really,...
Ordered mine online at 12:08.  The website didn't open until almost 12:05 for me. Based on the first 30 minutes, looks like the unlocked versions are going to be the ones that sell out the quickest...and the gold ones. At the point of ordering, it's telling me it will arrive by Oct.8-11th.  That might be the fastest for the configuration I got since I was on the website and order as fast as I possibly could. I got the Gold Unlocked one, because "gold is best, best,...
I think demand for the iPhone 5s will be HUGE, but I just don't think demand will be that great for the 5c.  But I'm not an Apple Exec. so what do I know.  That's just my gut feeling.  Just look at the reports from pre-orders in China.  5s will sell out, 5c??? maybe not.  Why?  Well, my gut tells me 2 things:  1. Apple has created a huge surplus of 5c's because it's easier to produce...since it's basically an iPhone 5 with a new case...and 2. the iPhone 5s is much more...
The all being said, the question remains. Who the heck is the 5c for then? The Chinese, Indo and Brazil have 4 options. Wanna guess which two will be the most bought? The price conscious will get the iPhone 4 and the status conscious will go for the 5s. So what's the middle tier for then? The maybe 25% that want a little better? Maybe, but to me, there's too many options. Perhaps those markets need that many options, but to a company like Apple that thrives on good,...
Totally agree with you. Personally I think they waited about a year or two too late. In the last year of regular travel to China, I've noticed over the last 12 months that the Chinese have lost interest in the iPhone. Sure my data point is observations in public or on the subways, but those are some crowded subways and before the iPhone 5 I saw a ton of iPhones, after the iPhone 5, I see far far fewer. Much more 5"+ screen now. So in order to not loose anymore market...