or Connect

Posts by antkm1

Yes, SJ has this nasty habit of pooping on an idea, and then years later, come out with the very thing he pooped on. Consider the tablet computer. For years SJ crapped on that and now we have the iPad. He pooped on the smartphone for years too and then came out with the iPhone. He has stated in the past that he thinks netbooks are a waste and poorly build devices, well, maybe now we'll see his answer to that.
I kind of agree with you here. With the iPad out now, there really is no need for apple to produce a smaller form-factor laptop. However, for me (and I presume many others) the necessity of a keyboard while on the sofa is an important factor in not getting the iPad. So I kind of hope this new MBA would be more like a convergence of the previous MBA and the iPad. That said though, I think we're just going to see a smaller version of the previous MBA when/if it comes out...
I think you're onto something I was kind of dreaming up when the iPad came out. A way to detach the screen from the laptop and have it function like the iPad, but when you dock the screen to the keyboard, it functions like a full-OSX machine.Better yet, why not allow the iPad to work fully sync'd to your primary computer via wifi. That way you're working off a single platform instead of an iOS and and OSX...like a remote login.
Dude, you need to chill out. There are way more important things happening in this world to be all upset over, other than trying to prove the world you're right and everyone else is wrong. I guess that's what puts the "No" in your handle, eh?First of all, I never said that volume/market share was the sole factor in a successful product. Popularity, customer satisfaction and volume are all factors. Since the iPod achieves the highest marks in all these categories, I...
In this case, and the kinds of numbers and satisfied consumers I've seen, I would equate popularity with success. So the iPod is the most popular MP3 player to date, and overwhelmingly every analyst around has said the iPod is a huge SUCCESS...do you deny this?You need a subscription to even get Netflix. Plus you have to pay extra for streaming content, and Blu-ray movies as well, on any device, not just Xbox. So what's your point? aTV doesn't play DVD's or Blu-rays...
Chill man, no need for the verbal abuse here, I speak my mind and respect yours; how's about reciprocating without assault. We're not debating religion here, no need to get huffy. Apple's just an electronics company. If you followed my posts and replies, you'd see I did mention that they make overwhelmingly great products and market them very well. Try getting some context before you post replies. I suck at it too, but I'm evolving. This all may be cynical, but I...
Ah, the good old days! Now I can't even enjoy HD shows unless I have my sound hooked through a 5.1 surround sound system. Otherwise I have to hear soundtrack that's %75 of the volume is the music/effects and 25% is voice. Really annoying. Content is controlled and geared towards the people that provide it nowadays, not the people who consume it. Very sad. And I wasn't specifically point out Apple as the one to do the job, and I agree that one company can't do it...
Thanks for the added point. Like lots of posters on the forums, we post before we think of all the possibilities, but it doesn't change my POV about Apple. They take the existing technologies and combine them into ideas that are so compelling, that the decision is easy to go Apple. It's marketing and combining the right technologies to produce compelling products. My point was really more that everyone likes to say that Apple was the first and best at everything, which...
This (IMO) is on purpose! Google loves to think up new ideas and let the "open" community figure out how to make it work.
I would call this "iHome". I agree with you, and have myself been posting this idea for at least 2-3 years now. ATV/MS Xbox et all others need to evolve to be home media hubs.