or Connect

Posts by antkm1

Yes, Agreed... I understand why this hasn't happened (because 1080p is HUGE to stream over wireless) but they need to work on that. AND they need to work on supporting downloads of existing DVD/BD content we already own. And don't give me that Handbrake shit...I want Apple to support this.
His comment is typical to the average user. I think we all have been waiting for the world to catch up.
I totally agree with you here, I was expecting it to come on this device, but sadly it's watered down. However, I've been saying this for years now, but I think there are several reasons why they didn't do this. 1. UI: creating a user interface for the TV (IMO) is something Apple has probably been working with since the first gen ATV, but I don't think they have found a good solution to this. Many people have said maybe the Magic Trackpad (which I think has potential),...
Because HD movies and TV are HUGE files and would probably need that much just to cache. A standard DVD movie is about 1-4gb for example, and Blu-Rays can go from 20 gb to upwards of 50gb. you would have no space left for Apps.
Except that Apple was kind of working with an existing technology that already existing with the ATV. Look at the Roku boxes and all the different variations of the Digital Media Players since and before ATV came out. Not to mention all the Blu-Ray players that now can stream content from your computer and use Netflix and YouTube, etc... Now everyone has one and with more features than the ATV currently has. And now the Google TV revolution as well.I have heard nothing...
I'm glad you think that, but then why hasn't the HTPC market exploded yet? Oh, that's right, because they cost about 3-6 times that of the new ATV. Plus, unless your'e a serious techy, no grandma is going to buy a HTPC. ATV is so much more accessible to the average user. And could you please clarify what "houses" means?
I totally agree with you here, I was expecting it to come on this device, but sadly it's watered down. However, I've been saying this for years now, but I think there are several reasons why they didn't do this. 1. UI: creating a user interface for the TV (IMO) is something Apple has probably been working with since the first gen ATV, but I don't think they have found a good solution to this. Many people have said maybe the Magic Trackpad (which I think has potential),...
That's great, but they are still using overseas jobs that could easily be done in the USA...get with it Apple...why not design and build your products in our country. Oh, that's right, because then you'd have to pay them decent wages and benefits. Which would mean the cost of Apple products would probably double. And, of course, no local government is going to deal with suicides on the job like they do in China.
I have a similar question about that...I'm wondering how much the new ATV can store in the event that Apple updates the iOS on this to support Apps. Anyone know if this will be possible on this device? I'm wondering because if/when I get one of these, I'd like to NOT have to upgrade when Apple does update the iOS. I hate having to buy new hardware every 3 years and would love to avoid this...
There is an optical Audio Out jack on the back...see photos from post. Thankfully, my new Denon Reciever has two of these on it. Otherwise i'd be pretty pissed about this change to the ATV, since my Blu-Ray uses optical audio. Now I'm not sure of this, but I though the newer HDMI jacks support Audio as well as video??? Anyone tried this?