or Connect

Posts by antkm1

That's kind of what I was thinking here. I think the reason why everyone on this forum is sort of excited about this product, is because RIM is a company with a really good track record for successful products. I don't know any other smartphone a I've overheard people saying they'd rather have over the iPhone. Plus they pretty much own the business-end of smartphones, however the iPhone and Android phones are quickly taking over that slot. So given that, it's pretty...
Seriously? 39% of the posts on here related to the iPhone? Stay on topic people...stay on topic!
I think it's kind of funny that you can "like" anything in your iTunes Library now. As if you had something in your library you didn't like?Personally, not many (if any) of my favorite artists are on Ping so it's pretty useless to me. The idea behind Ping is kind of a nice idea though, like facebook but only for iTunes related stuff.
Here is the definition of Troll from Wikipedia:In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.So, by definition, your post was a troll. Oh, crap, this post is a troll! Oops, I just trolled again!!! ...
First of all, if the iPad, Touch and this rumored 7" iPad were all sold for the same price, one or more of these devices would never be sold, or very little would be sold. Right now, if the iPad and the touch were equal in price, I guarrentee you that no one would buy the touch, because why by this tiny screen when, for the same price, you can get this huge screen? It seems as though (ON THIS FORUM AT LEAST) that the consensus is that if Apple offered a 7" iPad they...
doing this would be very un-Apple-like. They seem to introduce new products (like this one) in one of two dates: late-January (a-la iPad, iPhone, although they put the iPhone in a mid-year position now) and late September (a-la ipods).
I never said the MBA was a netbook. I was responding to the notion that many people, in this article and on the forums, are predicting this smaller foot-print MBA could be Apple's answer to the netbook. Time will tell the truth. And I think you should check your data.http://www.capitolvalley.net/2008/03...tes-table.htmlhttp://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2358514,00.asphttp://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...Lots_Of_iPods/J [Steve Jobs]: There are no plans to make a...
Yes, SJ has this nasty habit of pooping on an idea, and then years later, come out with the very thing he pooped on. Consider the tablet computer. For years SJ crapped on that and now we have the iPad. He pooped on the smartphone for years too and then came out with the iPhone. He has stated in the past that he thinks netbooks are a waste and poorly build devices, well, maybe now we'll see his answer to that.
I kind of agree with you here. With the iPad out now, there really is no need for apple to produce a smaller form-factor laptop. However, for me (and I presume many others) the necessity of a keyboard while on the sofa is an important factor in not getting the iPad. So I kind of hope this new MBA would be more like a convergence of the previous MBA and the iPad. That said though, I think we're just going to see a smaller version of the previous MBA when/if it comes out...
I think you're onto something I was kind of dreaming up when the iPad came out. A way to detach the screen from the laptop and have it function like the iPad, but when you dock the screen to the keyboard, it functions like a full-OSX machine.Better yet, why not allow the iPad to work fully sync'd to your primary computer via wifi. That way you're working off a single platform instead of an iOS and and OSX...like a remote login.