or Connect

Posts by antkm1

Thank You!
that's just because of storage space, take that away and you have a $250 price difference, since they don't make a 16 gig touch anymore.
your argument was mute because you where trying to compare the functionality/UI of a lap-top to that of the iPad. I've used it in my lap on the couch, typing is a pain, the device doesn't have a good viewing angle when flat and when my legs are elevated, the device slides down to my crotch and typing because almost crazy-bad. checking email, and responding = typing facebook, myspace, twitter, forums (like AI) =typing why the hell am i explaining myself to you, it's my...
i would tend to agree. The Touch was originally the alternative to the iPhone, for people who didn't want to buy into ATT. However, the Touch is so popular now that eliminating it entirely for say a 5" or 6" screen may be the answer. Iit probably would piss-off some people at first, but I think that's the best argument I've heard...and keep the same price-points as the current touch.
yes, Apple has priced themselves into a hole for sure. Unless the iPod Touch gets a huge price reduction in September, I don't see a 6"-7" iPad in the near future.
they could develop and interface with the new Magic Trackpad. They do have a remote that already works with the current aTV. Plus they have apps for the iPhone and Touch that interface with aTV.
The iPod Touch has iOS and the iPad has iOS. dumbing down the iOS won't save money, in fact the OS is probably the cheapest aspect of the iPad. That would be pointless.
you have a point, there is a marketplace for that screen-size, but not this kind of device. There is the Archos as well, running Android, but most average consumers have probably never heard of it, and it's a lot cheaper than the current iPad. Unless Apple wants to dumb-down the iOS and produce a 5"-6" device that just does what the Kindle/Nook/Kobo/Sony eReader do, then I don't see any of those adopters switching over to the iPad. Price ($150 average), E-Ink display...
I was thinking the same thing. Sure eliminating the current iPod Touch would be null, but a slightly bigger would could have some market appeal. I have the iPhone and i don't use it as a home (couch-potato) device, it works in a pinch. A 5" screen could be tempting for some. The forums here would agree with you too, historically speaking.
the kindle is doing well because it's about 1/3 the cost of the iPad and it's marketed properly to the right people. It's truly meant to only read books, listen to audio and very light internet/email. It's not a very good comparison.