or Connect

Posts by antkm1

Yes, typing on the iPad is my #1 issue with the device. If you're on the couch or in a chair with no surface (other than your legs), typing sucks. The device slides around on your lap and is too low in your lap to comfortably type, one-hand typing is just not efficient, and the screen to face angle is uncomfortable. I tried one out for a day (a friend let me borrow his) and i found that anything other than twitter-style typing was just too compromising on a couch or in...
I WAS on board to upgrade to the iP4 but after all this contraversy, i'm waiting untill the next version. I agree that Apple will have no choice but to either a) modify the existing design so that the antenna issue is fixed, or b) completely update the form factor to an alternate design they had already tested. I think they have no choice but to do this for the iPhone 5 mainly because of the press iP4 is getting.
I live in St. Louis, a much smaller city than most and generally considered a small market, and pee-stop on the way from NY to LA. I switched from Verizon to ATT to get the iP 3G and actually have better call strength than Verizon did. Correction, Verizon was better when i was not INSIDE a building or structure, and ATT is better INSIDE a structure comparatively. Verizon was way better about signal quality on the go, in the car as well. But, for the most part, i've...
totally agree with you here. Returning the phone for a 3GS is probably the only sure-fire way to tell Apple, "shit's broke, fix it please!" But it has to be done in mass droves to work.
Most blogs and reports have been made about the quality and signal attenuation for making phone calls, yet I have not heard anything about quality of WiFi when "bridging the gap" between the two antenne. Has anyone experience signal loss or slower WiFi when holding the phone "wrong"? Just curious.
I have the iPhone 3G and have yet to find any "sweet spot" where signal drops that's directly related to hand position. If anything it goes up and down all the time, based on time of day and geographic location. to me, that's ATT's problem. So no, i haven't found this "every cell phone has attenuation issues when improperly held" as a valid arguement.
Agreed. I really wish they would have done the Retina display on the iPad as another potential update, but to release a huge update this early in the game would be un-Apple like. Look at the Gen 1 iPhone, it was missing all sorts of things that post-ers were wining that it didn't have for years (i.e. forward facing camera, video, e-Books, Enterprise applications, App organization, etc.) Some of these feature are just NOW making it to the current iPhone, 4 GENERATIONS...
Dave, I think those are two good points that could be addressed in a smaller form factor, but those are only two applications that make sence. However, i would argue that 1) the iBooks app does allow you to change the font size, and 2) the GPS feature you mention works on the iPod Touch as well, most displays on Garmin or Tom Tom's are roughly the same size as the iPod Touch screen. If we've learned anything from Apple's strategies, it's to serve a much much larger range...
that sounds like it would be a waste of time to produce (IMO, we already have the iPod touch guys!). If anything i could see a larger version of the iPad, not smaller.
The CR article does include this when you click on the phone for details... "CR's Take A high-scoring, versatile, and innovative smart phone that performs even better than its 3G S predecessor. A very good choice for multimedia addicts--and even corporate users. We can't recommend the just-released iPhone 4 until Apple comes up with a permanent--and free--fix for the antenna problem we confirmed during testing." I do trust the CR take on this issue. They got it right...