or Connect

Posts by jetlaw

...Because "first to market" is definitely the way to achieve long term success - especially for a product whose value proposition is a mystery to the majority of consumers. I've been thinking for quite some time now that MS can't get any further out of touch, but they keep proving me wrong.
"beats is known for their premium headphones..." No, actually there is pretty much consensus that they suck.
"The presence of the banner seems to confirm that Apple will indeed unveil iOS 8 during next week's Worldwide Developers Conference." -Was this really something that anyone was unsure about?
Hopefully he will spell "design" correctly on his profile with Apple. His current bio lists him as the "Senior Desing Engineer"
They should use a deterrent approach: Upon closing they would lower a scrim over the storefront that makes it look like a Microsoft store.
While I like John C. Dvorak, this well-written article is a great example of why "meteorologist" and "tech pundit" are the only two careers that any guidance counselor should ever recommend. After all, weathermen and tech writers have the envious opportunity to be great in their field despite being wrong most of the time!
Saying that "no one wants [Scott Forstall]" is a bit like saying that someone who wins a silver olympic medal must really suck at their sport.  I am no fan of skeumorphic design, but I think it is pretty clear that Forstall contributed greatly to the success of iOS, and to a lesser extent, Apple itself.  It's easy to be an armchair quarterback and criticize high-profile people who make high-profile mistakes, but it is awfully hard to be successful enough to become...
I'm a bit surprised that Apple would prioritize the Remote app over iBooks for iOS.
I really do wish that Apple would provide a mechanism to let users to change the icons for default and third party apps.  I don't particularly care for a number of the default icons in iOS 7 (Notes and Reminders, in particular), and I am absolutely shocked at the "Voice Memos" app icon made the final cut.  It is easily the worst bit of design I've seen come out of Apple.
Ya gotta love highly-posed photos that are intended to look organic. I can almost hear the photographer giving them instructions (in a British accent, of course) - "Okay, here's your motivation: look relaxed, but really intense...great, now look concerned, but the kind of concerned where you don't really give a shit...perfect! Okay, now pretend you are best friends who hate is each other...Perfect! Okay people, that's a wrap!"