or Connect

Posts by jetlaw

I agree that the iWork icons look out of place.  That being said, I am having a really hard time warming up to the new iOS7 icon look as well.  To me, the "Notes" icon, in particular, looks especially bad.
Voice Memos app seems to have gone missing once again.
I find it interesting that so many apple 'fans' and pundits assume that Apple is lagging in innovation merely because they haven't refreshed a particular product line in X months. Where are the superior competing products? Who is offering something better at the same price or something truly equivalent at a lower price? I don't seem them, that's for sure. Hell, I wish such a thing existed. I want an iPad mini with retina as badly as the next guy, but until someone...
While I appreciate a contrite attitude on the part of those that do wrong, the lawyer in me cringes at reading public apologies that are tantamount to a full confession.
While I appreciate a contrite attitude on the part of those that do wrong, the lawyer in me cringes at reading public apologies that are tantamount to a full confession.
Big government; as crooked as they are they can't even rule fairly for a company that seems, in many ways, to be a 'friend' of this administration.
This really doesn't make much sense. It would be far more logical for Apple to focus on doubling the resolution of the iPad Mini to get it into the Retina-realm; why would they incur the development and yield costs for the minuscule return of doubling the iPhone's already-retina resolution when they still have a number of products that are sub-Retina?
Maybe it's as simple as Apple trying to keep their friends close and their enemies closer.
This guy really doesn't get it. It's clear that he is so used to a business model where each new product cannibalizes their own market that he can't even fathom the concept of complimentary product lines. Perhaps this is why hearing the word "Swatch" creates a feeling of nostalgia without any corresponding desire to go buy one of their products.
This is the same guy that chided the iPhone when it was released by condescendingly chuckling it off a phone that was too expensive for anyone to buy. Oops. I guess we are starting to understand why Ballmer has such a reputation for sweating profusely.