or Connect

Posts by jetlaw

I went to Best Buy just out of curiosity to see how long the line would be. To my surprise, there was nobody there. The display unit was sitting on the table unused. I found a salesperson and asked if they had any iPads left in 16GB. To my surprise, he told me that they had every model available. I should note that the store had been open for over an hour when this happened. I was very surprised. I picked up a 32GB model, and am looking forward to playing with it!
I am a pretty big support of Apple, but this filing sure looks like the guys in art department in Cupertino had some spare time on their hands! I have a hard time believing that the same guy who couldn't get far enough away from the bulk of a floppy drive would be interested in attaching an awning to his company's notebooks!
Is the new polycarbonate MacBook case injection-molded, or cut from a block of plastic? I had the same reaction as the OP when it came out, and was wondering if there was some advantage to machining plastic parts instead of casting them.
This is not an accurate statement. Censorship need not be initiated by a government. When the MPAA, for example, requires that a movie be edited in a particular way in order to receive a particular rating, it is still censorship, despite the fact that the MPAA is not a government actor.Similarly, when I choose not to say something to my wife because it will upset her, I am censoring myself. In this case, Apple is both a censor and bowing down to what they perceive as...
Maybe this is Apple's way of preventing a conflict with its forthcoming "iMasturbate" app.
Touche'
Has anyone had success downloading the Aperture 3 trial? I have tried several times to get it yet I never receive the email. I haven't seen anything on Apple's site indicating that the trial i not yet available, so I am not sure what the delay is all about. Thanks
All the touch points in the world won't overcome poor implementation. If there is anything that Apple has proven it is that content is king. Based on the McMillan episode, I fear for the Kindle. Amazon found there success by being in the BOOK business, not the reader business.
The original picture that started this post is obviously not the next generation iPhone. Anyone with any knowledge of the Apple product pipeline can tell that it is a photo of the iPad Nano!
I was a Windows geek for a long time, and initially had a difficult time transitioning to the Mac. I remember thinking "why can't I right-click" and "Why can't I modify system setting X?" After awhile, though, I became comfortable with the Mac because it was transparent -It allowed me to accomplish what I was trying to do by serving as a tool. I think my transition to the Mac would have been easier if I had not had so much prior experience with Windows. The mistake...