or Connect

Posts by jetlaw

It is amazing how disconnected Microsoft has become. Whether you love it or hate it, Apple has managed to create a coherent identity for itself. Meanwhile MS manages to simultaneously perpetuate a split personality that is one-half stodgy corporate boredom, while the other half is a schizophrenic, wanna-be hipster. If the "I'm a Mac" campaign reflected the message of this video, John Hodgman would pull out a Glock a pop a cap into Justin Long.
I don't know if I missed something, but I didn't see anywhere if this "retooling" includes Retina support.
Here's a quick tip: When asking a question to someone known for giving "terse" answers, DON'T MAKE IT A COMPOUND QUESTION! Was he saying "nope" that Google has submitted the app? Or, was he saying "nope" about Apple "sitting on it?"
Three words: Economic Loss Doctrine.
3.8V is not a nominal cell voltage for any Lithium-Ion battery chemistry that I am aware of.  Most Li-Ion batteries use LiCoO2 as a an electrode material, which has a nominal per-cell voltage of 3.7V.  I've also seen LiCo1/3Ni1/3Mn1/3O2 used on occasion, which has a nominal voltage of 3.6V per cell.
Future proofing!  Do you know the difference between Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and Future Proofing...
Dont you mean "fro" crying out loud!?
There is one huge difference in the real-world appearance of Apple Stores and Microsoft Stores, however: Apple Stores are always filled with customers that really want the products being offered for sale.
Did you try resetting your PRAM / SMC?  I had this issue occur on my MBA after an OS update and this resolved it.
I am running a 15" MBPr and there are no updates available and Power Nap is not available for me.  Anyone have a direct link to the firmware update?