or Connect

Posts by jetlaw

Future proofing!  Do you know the difference between Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and Future Proofing...
Dont you mean "fro" crying out loud!?
There is one huge difference in the real-world appearance of Apple Stores and Microsoft Stores, however: Apple Stores are always filled with customers that really want the products being offered for sale.
Did you try resetting your PRAM / SMC?  I had this issue occur on my MBA after an OS update and this resolved it.
I am running a 15" MBPr and there are no updates available and Power Nap is not available for me.  Anyone have a direct link to the firmware update?
When I was young I planned to be rich and be surrounded by young, sexy, bi-sexual chicks that loved me for me. I think my plan is more likely to pan out than Ballmer's is.
I felt it move when she said "you want to fill my inbox with hate mail." ...yes...yes, I do.
I am the opposite of a Google fan-boy (in fact, I often wonder how there can be such a thing). Excluding search, I find most Google products and services to be a usability nightmare. That being said, I am not so sure that I agree that what Google did in this case is really really blameworthy. Sure, there is an argument to be made that the "form trick" they pulled constitutes circumvention of Safari's privacy settings, but that argument strikes me as being a bit...
I predict that the Apple OS naming convention will evenutually be iOS and xOS.
I think that the real significance of the Fire and the Nook is the role they will play in encouraging (read "forcing") publishers to make ALL their content available in e-book format. What Apple, Amazon, and now perhaps even B&N have learned is that it isn't about the device itself, it's about getting market penetration with the device as a portal to compelling content.