or Connect

Posts by jetlaw

I am (finally) in my last semester of law school, and just happen to be writing my seminar paper on Art Law, of which copyright and trademark are a big part. Many prior posters have rubbed up against the salient issues, but I'm not sure I read any posts that put them all together. Remember, I'm just a lowly law student, and until I pass the Bar Exam I'm just another layperson with an opinion, so please take it with the proverbial grain of salt. When a company wishes to...
The problem with iBooks is not the number of devices it runs on, it is the pathetic selection of books in the store.
It's called subrogation. A component of most insurance contracts is that the underwriter steps into the shoes of the insured once they pay the claim. Therefore, the insurance company plaintiff in this case has standing to bring any claim that the insured could have brought themselves. With regard to the claim itself, one who introduces a product into the stream of commerce in a condition unreasonably dangerous is liable for harms caused by the defect. There are...
Up until I bought an 11" MacBook Air, I was carrying around a MacBook Pro, an iPhone, and an iPad. I loved them all, and used them for different things. When I got used to the new Air, I sold the Pro and the iPad. Based on this experience, I wonder exactly what niche it is that the PlayBook or any other 7" tablet is hoping to fill. It isn't a phone, it isn't really a tablet in the sense of an iPad, and it definitely isn' a computer. So basically, anyone who needs...
So long as you have a Mac running that has access to the printer that is connected to the airport, you can click the "share this printer on the network" box on the Mac, and you will be able to print to the printer from the iOS device.
I have recently liberated myself from Office altogether, and my job requires me to produce and revise complex documents that are distributed over lots of platforms. I couldn't be happier, and can't imagine going back. The only reason I waited so long is because I just assumed that I needed to be using Word. When I finally tried to rid myself of it after seeing how uninterested I was in Office '11, I was shocked at what a non-event it was. One feature that I hope...
I think it is irresponsible journalism to state as fact, what can only properly be referred to as speculation. I don't doubt that it is accurate, but I do feel that stating things as though that have been officially substantiated when they clearly have not falls short of the duty that journalists owe their readers. I have noticed it a lot more frequently on AI as of late, and couldn't hold my tongue any longer. Just my .02 worth.
To want a a RIM Playbook instead of an iPad is kind of like wanting a unicorn instead of a horse.
You've got it right. Benchmark scores don't necessarily translate well to the experience of using a device. I have been using the 11.6" Air for a few days now, and have sold my MBP and iPad, and have not regretted it yet. It is quite liberating to forget about specs and just use the machine as the tool that it is!
I picked up an 11.6" MBA yesterday, and after getting it set up I have to say, I am going to sell my 13.3" MBP and my iPad. Even with the paltry 2GB of RAM, this thing does just fine. I used to be heavy into photography and spent lots of time in Aperture and CS3, but I'm not doing that anymore and have found that, quite frankly, there really isn't much a difference in terms of performance between the MBA and the MBP for everyday computing tasks. Where the difference...