or Connect

Posts by jetlaw

I consider myself to be an Apple fan, but NOT a fanboy. That being said, my criticism of this device is simple: It seems to me to be exactly like the many, many, failed Windows-based tablets we've seen over the past ten years. To put it simply, iPad is the only device to see any real success in this space. It seems as though ease of use, a library of quality apps that run quickly and natively on the device, incredible battery life, and relative low price are the primary...
I agree. Apple has never been in the business of adding things are superfluous. Plus, the iPad is an "instant on device" and it only has one (ok two) buttons, and it lacks the one thing that a notebook could obviously use as a power button - the lid!
This is silly. This company is MODIFYING a genuine product, not manufacturing a clone in violation of Apple's patent. I'd bet dollars to donuts that beginning in December this company will start offering a service where consumers can send in their own magsafe cables to have the battery connector installed on the opposite end of the magsafe cable.
The thing that I am wondering about is the keyboard. The "magic" of the original Air was that it retained a full-sized keyboard relative to the other Macs. If the screen shrinks that much, the bezel would go with it, which seems to me would require that the keyboard be downsized as well. It will be interesting to see what comes about next Wednesday.
It would make me very happy to see the optical drive removed from the MBPs and replaced with additional battery capacity. If I could have 10-12 REAL hours on a charge I would hardly ever have to bring the cord or worry about sitting someplace where I can plug it in. That would make a real difference in how I use my MacBook. Honestly, a few MhZ here and a few MB there won't matter to me nearly as much a couple more hours of time to actually use the computer without being...
One of Steve Jobs' core retail philosophies seems to be avoiding convoluted product lines, so I don't see this happening. Has anyone ever really picked up an iPhone in the store and said "if only it were a little bigger?" Seems like the solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. I won't paint my self as a flamer or fanboy by speculating as to how terrible or wonderful this device may or may not end up being, but I can say with confidence that I do not believe that the video supported the "business" moniker that RIM has attached to this device.
They spelled "memmory" wrong in the first diagram!
It would make a lot more sense for Apple to start selling books!
I bet you anything that this event will inspire Steve to create a small, handheld device that has always-on connectivity and the ability to run applications that make it possible to instantly make reservations for your favorite pizza restaurants. Now, if we can just come up with a name for this revolutionary and magical device!