or Connect

Posts by jetlaw

I have been a mobileme user since the .mac days, and have decided not to renew. Between Google Sync and Dropbox, MobileMe is really hard for me to justify anymore. I can't figure out why Apple can't get this one right. With the vast majority of OSX users also sporting iPhones and/or iPads, you would think that cross-platform file sharing would be a higher priority than it seems to be. It shocks me that third parties can do this more effectively than Apple, especially...
Who cares!? If you liked the iPad yesterday, there is no reason to think less of it today merely because a subsequent product [allegedly] has more RAM.It is about the capabilities and the experience. If iOS proves to be sluggish to multitask when it comes to the iPad in Fall, then there will be reason to complain.One of the most distinguishing things about Apple is the fact that they focus on what really matters -the degree to which the tools and toys that they create...
You are talking like a computer geek. Computer geeks aren't the audience that this product is aimed at. Try this experiment: Take your wife or girlfriend to Best Buy and parade her by the biggest, baddest, PC in the store, then have her walk by the new Mac Mini and ask her which one she would rather have in her house. I assure you, a dissertation on bus speed and expansion slots is not going be very persuasive on her.Oh, and if you do try this experiment, I hope you...
Doesn't look it there is a native iPad version.
I really don't see blu-ray coming to Apple for a few of reasons:1) Steve has expressly stated his disdain for the blu-ray format;2) Apple has a vested interest in delivering content, including HD, via the iTunes store;3) Optical drives consume significant power just to spin the disk, and battery life has been a key concern for all of Apple's recent products (excluding the iMac and Mini, of course);4) Steve/Apple have a history of killing off "legacy" peripherals;Considered...
You can copy the layout of a Ferrari dealership, but if the showroom is full of broken down Chevy's you shouldn't be surprised when people point and laugh instead of pulling out their wallets.
I am about as big an Apple fan as a person can be, and I sometimes cringe at the thought of a world without Apple, and I shudder at the thought of ever having to use Windows again. That being said, Word is a tool to create documents -no more and no less. A hallmark of Apple design is that it tends to avoid obsessing over technical specifications, and focuses instead on utility and experience. If the new Office proves itself to be a more capable tool than the previous...
At&t has been promising that "tethering is coming." Now that tethering has been announced, it is accompanied by a reduction in allowable usage that will seriously undermine the utility of the service. The comment that 65% of customers will benefit from this is illusory because 100% of customers will have to pay more if they want to tether, and 100% of those customers that are paying more are now encumbered with a new limitation on their service. It does not appear to me...
Apple is building a gigantic "cloud farm" in NC, the purpose for which is to promote the idea of always-connected cloud-based computing. Meanwhile, the exclusive provider of 3G connectivity for their mobile devises is making byte-counters out of all their users. At some point, this is going to become a genuine conflict. I suspect that when it does that we will finally have a Verizon iPhone.
If there is a hard-and-fast cap on how much data that a client can use, then why would they care what device uses it? This is an absurd idea that shows how disinterested at&t is in the happiness of it's clients. This is analogous to the water company saying that each household could use 5,000 gallons a month, but you have to pay extra if you want to use that water to wash dishes with. At&t is charging a surcharge for something that not only lacks a nexus to their...