or Connect

Posts by Dickprinter

Please show me in any of my posts where I stated that the iPhone 6 was artificially constrained.  I get it. But the fact is, Apple is going to have to SELL this device more than any other device they've sold if this device is going to be the one eyed to further their growth. Not everyone needs a watch like they do a phone and a LOT of people I know (myself included) just don't wear one. That said, I hope Apple sells a boatload…..every……single…..day. And you should not...
Thank you for the follow-up. I wasn't aware of the original post(er) so I didn't realize that I was pouring salt on an already open wound.
Thank you, it means a lot, really. I guess I'm just getting old and I don't get the new wave crowd and their way of thinking….or NOT thinking. You've been here a few more years than I have and I appreciate the fact that you know where I'm coming from. I'm far from a troll and I think you know that because…..you use memory and reasoning!
Thank you. Excellent reply and the type of reply I feel is the whole reason for this forum.  That said, can I ask you if you think the way Apple is handling the release of their watch is because they feel demand is going to be extreme....similar to the iPhone and the original iPad? And, BTW, thank you for not being insane. Please take note, fellow AI members. See how civil and educational a forum discussion can be? No, you don't....because I've been BLOCKED by so many!
I wasn't being a troll, I merely suggested an alternate narrative and passed on other information that I heard. Is that being a troll?? Never said what he said was true. Everything is taken so literal, and God forbid one person's comment or suggestion doesn't align with everyone else's. Break out the stones! I thought this board was for discussion, not ridicule and outright attacks. Now I know, first hand, why Solipsism (SolipsismX and SolipsismY) has to walk away from...
I've come to the conclusion that you simply don't read thoroughly. Never have I spoken about previous device releases, nor have I mentioned iPhone. I agree 200% that Apple can't make enough iPhones to satisfy demand. I NEVER accused anyone of constraining supply or have I stated that IS what they are doing. You are putting words in my mouth and misrepresenting what I said. I said it is possible that supplies could be constrained as a marketing ploy to create buzz and...
It's a marketing technique that is fundamentally taught in college marketing classes across the country and the world. The problem is...almost everyone here seems to be taking extreme positions without using an open mind and not accepting the fact that IT IS POSSIBLE that Apple uses this technique, also. I'm not stating that they do or don't, just merely suggesting that it's not out of the question. I am an Apple lover and user since 1989 and a major shareholder since...
I appreciate your passion but I feel you're not thinking clearly. It's just as ridiculous to say they do not and I can just as easily say that there is no proof that they don't. I'm not trolling, just stating the obvious. If no definitive marketing plan is spoken about or made public, it can go either way, no? You are stating, in an absolute manner, that they don't, but, since nothing is ever said, I feel it's completely plausible that they do. No CEO, in their right mind,...
You cannot say with certainty that Apple does not employ this practice. It is used by many companies and brands, especially the high-end ones. I'm not saying this is the case with, especially, iPhones, because they sell themselves, but you can't say that they are not using it now with a new device in a nascent category. I spoke with the VP of N. American sales for Alfa Romeo at the International Auto Show in NYC this past weekend. We were discussing their line of cars and...
  Welcome to 2015, where it's easier to ask someone---then blame that person for providing incomplete or inaccurate information---rather than reading with your own eyes, acquiring it yourself, learning something and knowing for sure.