or Connect

Posts by Dickprinter

Or he/she is a member of the generation of 20-30 year olds and places no value on money. Their full paycheck is spent just in time to receive the next one, without a dime to spare. Me? I'm a 'tweener. Halfway between that generation and my depression-era parents who taught me to live within my means, save for a rainy day and invest for my retirement. I think it gives me the mindset that allows the best of both worlds; I buy the best-in-class products, spend as little as...
Apple ][, is that you? No? Great, another one who categorizes Android users as cheap, low income dregs of society.  My battery has only gotten this bad a few weeks ago. The reason why I went in to see a Genius was because my battery started showing signs that it was not quite right, but, at the time, it wasn't a huge issue because it still had pretty good capacity. My complaint is based on principle, not because I'm too cheap to buy a replacement battery. If my battery was...
Funny, that is exactly what the Genius told me. He said to come in and have the phone benchmarked a few weeks before the warranty expires so if there is an issue after the warranty expires, they have a record of it. If, after a year of use, the battery shows signs of less capacity than normal, they would replace it.......no matter when it fails, no questions asked.
 LOL, I always dress like a slob and I had a rather heated exchange that even attracted another Genius to join in. At this point in time, almost 8 months out of warranty, I doubt they would be more likely to budge with a new release being so near in the future.
 "Normal" usage is extremely subjective in when speaking about mobile smartphones.
  My iP5's battery has a problem where it will drop from 30% to 7% and then shut down the phone all in a course of 3 minutes. When I first brought it to the Apple store, a genius performed a test on it and they said the battery was failing and I need a new one. At that time I was three months out of warranty and they told me they could replace the battery for $80. Even when I complained about only being 3 months out of warranty they said corporate were being pretty...
Maybe a smokescreen? I've read practically every one of the comments about this historic partnership but I've seen no mention of the possibility of Apple and IBM teaming up for payment systems. IBM has supplied and supported many large (and small) retail chains with point-of-sale systems (hardware & software) for many, many years and Apple has the motherlode of credit cards on file*. Is it just me or is there a huge possibility that this partnership's dark horse is the...
 +/- 30%??? Well, that target range certainly covers her ass...
I also agree with most of your views on Apple but I cringe at your more bigoted comments and I don't think this is the first time you've heard that from someone here. I think you classify and categorize people based on their choice of device platform. I feel you are a little too judgmental and black & white, when the actual reasons why users choose their mobile OS are for many more different and valid reasons than strictly their income bracket.
This is the first comment you've made where I agree with every word.....110%