or Connect

Posts by Dickprinter

Guy? Dude looks like a lady?
I disagree. I would think ample space between icons is required for a jittery hand while driving to accurately touch the intended app. Uniformity is more pleasing to look at. I don't want to see a few large icons screaming at me, nor do I want to see a whole bunch of tiny ones cluttering the screen.  I think colorful, tasteful looking icons look quite elegant on a black field.
Nice pun!  
^^^^^THIS^^^^^ No doubt in my mind this was Tim's intent. His subtle way of saying that what's coming is significant, category changing and will be perfectly implemented.
 I love this company. Like was said earlier, Apple seeks to protect their users from spam while Google is the exact opposite. Bring it on!  Maybe those who are raving about it…..don't need the help!  
 And how long have each held their respective AAPL shares? You do realize they each have their own, completely different, agendas, yes? Icahn got in for the short-term quick buck and CalPERS are in it for the long-haul. I've owned AAPL since 1997; who's position do you think I stand behind?
 WHO is clueless?    That might've been the range AAPL has traded since Carl Icahn started investing, but to say that his investment brought AAPL from the high $300s to where it closed today is just ludicrous.
That's an amazing statistic, but the amount that the US adult population has increased since then, 20% is still probably close to the same number of people who smoked back then. Proportionately less but still the same amount. Maybe this will give real-time indicators telling smokers while smoking that their blood pressure is increasing, O2 levels are decreasing and pulse is rising. When one actually sees these health-indicating statistics, maybe it will be a good form of...
  So it's possible that there could be one generic app tied to BLE (produced by Apple) that would be initially downloaded to be the central springboard app, so to speak, steering people to another app--or gives them notification that-- iBeacon technology is being used. Then, that generic app would provide a link to that specific app for one to download, therefore making it a user option to download the app and participate in the benefit afforded through the iBeacons at...
Just so I have a better understanding of this technology, can someone here answer a question?  Will those who want to take advantage of what iBeacons offer need to download an app for every participating store or organization? In other words, will I need to download an NFL, MLB, Apple and Macy's (etc.) app in order to participate in their particular use of their iBeacon technology? Edit add-on: And will the app launch automatically when in close proximity to the iBeacon?