or Connect

Posts by jameskatt2

I'd like to know more about what she actually does for $75 Million a year. Instead, this dumbfounding article says very little about anything. It feels like air between the ears. I guess we will see how she revamps the Apple stores once the Apple Watch is incorporated into them.
 1. AppleWorks got too old.  Apple moved forward with better software2. Bento was Filemaker light.  Filemaker Inc, Apple's subsidiary, realized this and went back to basics and focused on Filemaker Pro. 3. Apple uses SQLlite in a lot of its software.  It still hasn't lost interest in it.4. Apple won't lose interest in big-iron databases like FoundationDB.  They become incorporated into its own infrastructure. Remember that Apple only culls away the old.
Apple is becoming a Cable Company WITHOUT CABLE.  It essentially is replacing Comcast as a cable company.   The differences that Apple has with Comcast are: * Apple doesn't create content - it only provides the access to the content. In contrast Comcast owns NBC Universal so creates content also. * Apple doesn't provide the cable - it uses your internet service. Comcast can provide the cable and internet service. * Apple doesn't provide a DVR - the only advantage...
Apple NEVER DOES CHEAP.  It always makes the best products it can.  And it markets to the PREMIUM market first. So doubling the preexisting price would NOT BE SUICIDE.  It would simply mean Apple is making a product that is much more attractive and worthwhile. AppleTV 4 would be an EASY SELL at $299 if it has GAMES that are downloadable from the iTunes Store. Games may be stored also in iTunes on your Mac or PC, aside from locally in the AppleTV.
Why do this? The AppleTV is pretty inexpensive.  So inexpensive, I bought several so that each TV in the house can have one.  And one extra one for travel that is easily hooked up to the hotel TV. And at $69, it is even more of a bargain.
There are no obstacles to a deeper relationship with BMW.  All Apple has to do is either: 1. BUY ALL OF BMW for $64 BILLION 2. BUY TOTALITARIAN CONTROLLING INTEREST IN BMW for $36 BILLION - so like Zuckerberg of Facebook, no stockholder can override his decisions.   Then Apple can own all of BMW IP, its car design expertise, its manufacturing, and its brand.   And unlike Tesla, BMW actually makes billions of dollars in profit every year.  And BMW only makes a few...
 The Apple Watch will already have the prestige of Tag/Omega/Rolex. In fact, those brands for the vast majority of people will take a notch back into the past tense.
I guess you fail to see why you should buy a 2-carat diamond ring ($20,000) when a 2-carat cubic zirconia ($15) would do for your wife.  After all, diamonds mean nothing to you.  And they shouldn't be worth anything to your wife. I guess you fail to see why people buy a BMW, Mercedes Benz, Lexus or Chevy Corvette when your Chevy Chevette does the same thing when commuting to work. I guess you fail to see why people would buy an Apple Watch when your $35 Timex serves "just"...
Gazelle's prices are only for those who are desperate to sell their MacBooks despite the huge loss. You can probably sell your MacBook for much more on eBay. Macs hold on to their value very well.
I WANT AN APPLE WATCH! GIVE ME FOUR!