or Connect

Posts by gimletmaker

BS. I call shenanigans. Everyone has read the reviews of EVO battery life.
Anyone with 2.1 installed on their iPod Touch know if Apple added landscape view in Mail and/or SMS yet?? My goodness, this is so obvious and should be so easy to implement, I just don't understand why they haven't added it yet. I am SO tired of scrolling back and forth to read an HTML email that has been zoomed. And yes, I have submitted this request to Apple.
No, I've traveled through other areas and it has exhibited this same behavior. I've never seen it hand-off an active call from 3G to GSM, and I constantly watch my phone screen while in the car, because I use the earbuds w/mic (and I'm now hyper-sensitive to watching it). I have seen it switch from 3G to EDGE while traveling in the car, but never while I'm on an active call, and when it does switch, it does it slowly. Have you actually seen it switch during an active...
Kasper, I wish that were the case, but it just isn't, at least for me. I travel the *exact* same route on my commute every day, and spend most of that time on calls on my iPhone. I can stay on a call the entire trip when I turn off 3G on my new iPhone...no dropped calls ever. If I start the trip with 3G on and make a call, it always drops at the same 3 places every time. I have even stopped the car dead on the spot where the call drops and switched off 3G, and then I have...
It may be true that field test mode gives good numbers for 3G reception, but the fact is the iPhone 3G still drops calls ALL THE TIME when moving from an area of 3G reception to an area of "GSM only" reception. Why can't this phone switch over from 3G to GSM during a call?? Instead, it just drops the call when 3G gets too weak. My cheapo phones have no problems transitioning from 3G to GSM during a call. That's the real problem with this phone, and you mention it nowhere...