or Connect

Posts by scottybe

The consumer is suffering because they can't buy an iPhone? Capitalism is great not just because it provides the highest standard of living, but also because companies are free to sell their products and services for whatever price they want. Likewise, consumers are free not buy if they don't value said products and services at that price. Guess what? Competitors are almost always willing to fill such a vacuum. (Uncompetitive companies aren't "replaced" by some unseen...
I wonder if/when Apple would use the temperature sensor to throttle the speed of that processor. Reports say it's currently clocked at 600ghz but has the ability to go up to 833ghz. Of course, the reason they don't may be a battery issue more than a heat issue...
That's nice, sure. But in-iPhone background processing is still needed. Like brianus' example of background audio for Pandora or AOL Radio. Or location-based software. I'd love a app that would tell my family's iPhones where I am (and vice versa) every minute or so. How cool would that be on the ski slopes?! But I wouldn't be able to listen to music at the same time unless it's running in the background...