or Connect

Posts by freediverx

Do you mean that there was no reason to object at the time or that even in hindsight it was a good decision? I realize that no one anticipated that 1) IE6 and ActiveX would come to be known as technological pariahs and huge security threats, 2) that Flash would be exposed as both security risk and resource hog that killed both performance and battery life, 3) that Microsoft and Windows would lose their position as the standard platform that everyone was forced to use, and...
Did the public have any say in this? Did no one object? I'm just trying to imagine the revolt if they'd ever tried that in the US.
 "The Solutrean hypothesis, first proposed in 1998, is a hypothesis about the settlement of the Americas that claims Europeans may have been among the earliest settlers of the Americas. This is in contrast with accepted theories that the North American continent was first populated by people from Asia, either by the Bering land bridge (i.e. Beringia) around 16,500–13,000 years ago, by maritime travel along the Pacific coast or by both." "The Solutrean hypothesis has...
 As usual, a gross distortion of facts by a right wing extremist... On one hand we have an avowed racist, white supremacist murderer who had just been arrested:"Earlier in the day, Roof had bought water and chips at a south Charlotte gas station. Now he was hungry. Police bought him food from a nearby Burger King." This might be fine, if all prisoners were treated the same way. But let's contrast this with terrorism suspects who aside from being denied due process under...
 Tim Cook Erupts After Shareholder Asks Him To Focus Only On Profithttp://www.businessinsider.com/tim-cook-versus-a-conservative-think-tank-2014-2  An NCPPR representative asked Cook to commit on the spot to only making moves that were profitable for the company. Cook replied, "When we work on making our devices accessible by the blind, I don't consider the bloody ROI." He said the same applies to environmental issues, worker safety, and other areas where Apple is a...
 No, in your book good ethics comes from watching Fox News, listening to Rush Limbaugh, and cheering for the Koch brothers.  STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At Allhttp://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2012/confirmed/final.pdf 
 This is, thankfully, true. But behind every marginalized outsider lies a dark underworld of racist, white supremacist propaganda. It is that community that fueled his twisted world view.
So stupidity (relative, not clinical) is an excuse for premeditated mass murder? So far I've seen no claims that this guy had a serious mental illness aside from being a psychopath.
You seem to be agreeing with my point of view.
 Ah, so a person's criminality should be judged based on the youthfulness (and color) of their appearance? Would you be making this comment if it had been a 21 year old black man who murdered a bunch of innocent white people, in cold blood, in a church, after telling them that their race was inferior, taking over the country, and needed to just get out? American jails are full of black kids 21 and younger imprisoned for doing things that even US presidents have admitted to...