or Connect

Posts by freediverx

That is some really astute business intelligence for someone planning to go back in time to sell phones. By the same reasoning, Apple was foolish to produce the first iPhone since the marketshare at the time for 3.5" touchscreen phones without a physical keyboard were pretty low. Back to the present, phablets make up a significant portion of higher end Android smartphone sales in the US, and a huge portion of the Asian market where most future growth lies. You'll never...
Source? That sounds suspiciously like a "fact" pulled straight out of your butt. I think the next quarterly reports form Apple and top Android OEMs should provide some data to support or refute your view.
 Jobs wasn't always right. He reportedly fought tooth and nail against opening up the iPhone to third party development.
The smartphone market is approaching saturation, at least at the high end where all the profits are. It made perfect sense for Apple to release a larger phablet-sized model targeting the addressable market of people who would love an iPhone but require a bigger screen. I suspect the next two quarters' financials will prove the wisdom of this move, especially when compared to their competitors' performance in the same time period. If deprecation of the 4" model has a...
 Couldn't disagree more. I feel Apple's handling of antennagate was exemplary. 1) First and foremost, Jobs reiterated Apple's policy allowing customers a grace period for returning their phones if they were unhappy with them for any reason, and emphasized there would be no penalties or restocking fees. 2) He delivered a fantastic presentation where he clearly demonstrated that a) the issue affected virtually every other phone in its category, b) backed up that claim with...
 it's not an Americanism. It was a typo.
 Say, pazuzu, what's the going pay for astroturfing these days?
 If you have an issue with the piece why not argue on its merits instead of engaging in an ad hominem attack against its author?
 Ben Frost is butthurt because he REALLY didn't want a bigger iPhone. This seems to have triggered an anti-Apple streak in his comments lately. I can empathize to some degree, and I think it would be nice if they had also offered a 4" iPhone 6 option. I can also say that if Apple had released a single new model at the 5.5" size (or chooses to do so in the future) they'd have likely lost me as an iPhone customer. Stil, if your beef is with the size of the new iPhones, then...
 Nothing new here. Apple is not infallible and they occasionally make mistakes. Their tiniest mistakes will be amplified into spectacles by competitors and the clickbait media. And the same culprits will keep trying to turn non-issues (like antenngate and bendgate) into scandals. But in the end, the public at large will ignore all these silly stories and continue to reward Apple for their high quality products and for placing the customer first instead of advertisers or...