or Connect

Posts by freediverx

Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard Zuck: Just ask Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS [Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one? Zuck: People just submitted it. Zuck: I don't know why. Zuck: They "trust me" Zuck: Dumb fucks
 That sounds a lot like the point of view of Republicans - the point of view that opened the door to the country's financial meltdown several years ago. It's also the point of view that created a cable industry oligopoly resulting in Americans paying much more for much slower internet than its neighbors in Europe and Asia.  History has shown that regulating businesses less is more often than not a recipe for disaster from the point of view of consumers.
 I'm not interested in 95% of what YouTube is promoting. I tend to listen more to indie groups, which Google has been actively trashing. It seems with every other press release and news story, Google demonstrates how far apart its values are from mine. Also, "more" does not equal "better". Android has demonstrated that rather well.
 Well given a choice between two similar services with similar pricing, call me crazy but I'm inclined to choose the one from the company that respects my privacy and treats me like a valued customer.
 I think you've got it backwards. Beats has over half a million paying subscribers. Spotify has over 10 million. Music sales, meanwhile, are on a steep decline. Why continuously pay to buy new music when you can get a monthly, no contract subscription for less than the cost of  a single album and access any music you want anywhere and anytime? I think $8-10/mo. is pretty reasonable for such a service. That is, I think it's worthwhile so long as 1) you actually listen to...
 In what way do you feel this is better than Beats?
Agreed.When you consider the minimum number of bulbs required to get some utility out of this in a typical home the price becomes ridiculous and out of step with the benefit. Incidentally, if all you need are lightbulbs that can be turned on or off or dimmed using a remote or an app, there's an outfit in New Zealand that sells them for a much more reasonable price. Even after the hefty shopping costs the toal price is a fraction of what Phillips charges. I've had these for...
 Given CurrentC's business model, their users would have had their emails filled with spam even without a breach.
Fitbit will be out of business within 2 years.
 Yeah, Amazon is alright. One downside is that they limit you to six photos of your product and they downsize them to the point where the buyer can't see any details. I know it seems like a pain to take a few photos, but I know when I'm the buyer I will go out of my way to find sellers that have crisp and clear product photos so I know exactly what I'm getting. In return, I'm willing to pay a little more for a "like new" product. If your phone is scratched up, though, I...