or Connect

Posts by freediverx

Dat white balance.
 Apple's profitability is generally cited in response to claims that they're "losing" the marketshare race, which is further cited as an indication that users prefer competitors' products. Apple has always and will always have relatively low marketshare for any product with mass appeal. This is because adoption of such products by the masses, most of whom are poor, will eventually be driven by commoditized features, perpetual price cuts, & razor thin profit margins, and...
 From David Pogues' review of the iPhone 6: "Two years ago, I sought out a 7-Eleven near my house because it had a contactless payment terminal on its cash register. I was testing Google Wallet, a feature of some Android phones that lets you pay for things without even pulling out your wallet; you could just hold the phone near that terminal thing. But it took a lot of steps, including tapping in a security code with every purchase. I recently visited the same 7-Eleven....
 There's a big difference between similar and same: http://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/06/itv-entertainment-trademark-holder-seeking-to-rouse-apples-attention-with-warnings-over-unreleased-tv-set/
Good question. My best guesses: 1) They were holding back iTV for an actual television set, 2) the iTV trademark is already owned by another company and Apple was unable to negotiate favorable terms for its acquisition at the time.
 I'm not so much enamored on the i-branding as I am disappointed with "Apple-" and "-" branding. I thought keeping the Apple brand separate from the product names was a pretty big Jobs mandate. This starts to sound like Microsoft.
 Does h.254 provide benefits for those without 4K TVs?
 Probably right after they support VP8 (i.e., never.) "A performance comparison of H.265/MPEG-HEVC, VP9, and H.264/MPEG-AVC encoders was presented. According to the experimental results, the coding efficiency of VP9 was shown to be inferior to both H.264/MPEG-AVC and H.265/MPEG-HEVC with an average bit-rate overhead at the same objective quality of 8.4% and 79.4%, respectively. Also, it was shown that the VP9 encoding times are larger by a factor of more than 100 compared...