or Connect

Posts by NeilM

Yeah, I have to imagine that's coming to the phone.
I always liked FMP back when I used it, and came to love it after being forced to use Access on Windows. But I sure wish there existed a FileMaker Lite, or Consumer version. There are things I'd like to use a stripped down database manager for, but they really don't justify buying FMP at $349. Maybe that would have been Bento (RIP)?   I'd like a light on its feet relational database that handles text fields only, and maybe a limited number of records if that help the...
20 minutes flight duration and no ability to change the battery? That's going to be quite a severe market limitation. Surely it would not have been that difficult to provide a battery compartment with a lightweight plastic lid and O-ring seal.
 Why would using GPS on the iPhone tend to drain the Watch's battery? The iPhone's battery, sure, but not that of the watch.
I wonder if the watch has the same water damage telltales that the iPhone does?
Hey, careful what you say about Marmite there! Brilliant new folding plug design, although ouch, you do pay for the privilege. 
And the photo conveniently shows it without any cables, making the stand look tidier than it will be in actual use. Why one earth didn't they incorporate the iPhone's Lightning cable in the slot for a stand-up arrangement?   This thing is a fail in so many ways.
About normal for tech products today. We bought a new TV a few weeks ago, and the first thing it did after I connected it to the net was prompt me to perform a firmware update. There's always pipeline inventory that's going to need software updates after delivery.
 We do know that. Apple says the new MB will offer 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 GHz processors, see http://www.apple.com/mac/compare/
My mid-2010 MBP's trackpad surface is very slightly recessed, although I'd never really paid attention to it. Stacking two Post-It note sheets makes it perfectly flush with the upper case, so now we know that.