or Connect

Posts by abundance

duh? a file system isn't more inherently spatial than any other data structure.Yep I know about that movement and everytime I come across their ideas I get utterly depressed. The talk you linked, while interesting, gave me again the same feelings. It seems I'm getting old...
Well, there's much more. Basically all their A/V authoring offering (Final Cut, Shake, Logic, Motion, Garageband, DVD Studio Pro...) was acquired, or developed with freshly acquired IP and engineers.And most of their iOS multitouch IP is based on the Fingerworks acquisition.Here you have their complete shopping list:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tions_by_AppleIt's not huge but it's still an average of a couple acquisitions per year since Jobs' return.And apart...
erm that "retina" thingy on the iphone has close to 300ppi, to get that on a MBP 15" you'd need WQUXGA - no did't make that up :^D - which is 3840x2400 =0 Think how much would it cost, don't even know if they make them at all, then think about the battery drain and the graphic power required to drive it. And as others said you don't even need 300dpi if you look at the screen from 15+ inches. Besides, on OS X text gets tiny very fast upping the resolution on a laptop...
It will for sure. I think that was confirmed by some Apple guy during the iPad event, and anyway the SDK sports clear support for the feature - developers can easily paint a second "window" with different content on the external display.
Arstechnica posted a Siracusa's article that frames the whole UTIs/type/creator issue very well: http://arstechnica.com/staff/fatbits...ta-madness.ars
If your workflow consist of creating and reopening for editing a big bunch of files with an extension associated with a default viewer (say, if you code all day .html files in a text editor), going thru the info panel can become extremely cumbersome. I guess you'd give up early and end up dragging them to the editor icon in the dock or right click and select "open with..." - which is a pain too. I guess one could create some automator actions to automatically do that for...
Mmmh, don't know about the parent poster but I'd think about a regular USB female. For plugging external storage, printers, scanners, external audio cards, whatever one would need on the go without having to resort to plug into a "real" computer or connect to a properly setup network. If Apple is designing its hypothetical tablet to be just a PIM/PMP on steroids, that would not be necessary, but if they want it to be a real touch computer (ie an alternative to notebooks)...
for those who fear issues with resolution independence: erm, guys, Quartz 2D is postscript based...
If you add 25% VAT to the US price it's still 400$ cheaper...
Did anybody try to install it on leopard 10.5.5? Here it refuses saying that it requires 10.5.4 or higher =) No big deal, about time to apply the .6 update, but just curious...