or Connect

Posts by markbriton

I have no issue with Apple and others being required to have the ability to allow law enforcement to track my phone and have access to all my data. But that must only be allowed to happen with a warrant issued by a judge who has considered whether it's justified. Customers should know this is a possibility and the law should be clear on when and how it can be used.
More importantly, does the screen shot mean we'll have to start paying to subscribe to appleinsider :-O
Let's hope they start calling some UK businesses too. Yesterday I had to drop off some kit for a friend to a cricket club, Apple Maps didn't know where the cricket club was (it suggested a golf club nearby) but Google found it immediately. On my way back I needed to call in at a post office. Apple Maps took me to the wrong end of the correct street, so again I had to bring up Google Maps to find the right location. I always try Apple first because I don't want to use...
All EU countries charge VAT under European law. In the UK it's currently 20% and Apple (like nearly everyone else) displays the price inclusive of VAT, which for an Apple TV is now £79, or £65.83 plus VAT. In the US you have sales tax, which is similar to (but not the same as) VAT. Prices in the US typically exclude sales tax and the Apple TV is $99 plus sales tax. £65.83 at the current exchange rate is $111.85, so in the UK we're still being charged $12.85/ £7.56 more.
I can't help thinking it actually is about the headphones. I don't think the iWatch exists, it was just a red herring designed to make Samsung and others race to release a useless bit of hardware. If Healthbook is true, and we're going to see hardware that monitors heart rate etc, then headphones are perfect for adding sensors. People already wear them and especially when excercising. Smart headphones are Apple's secret product I think.
What a terrible shame for you. It's tiring being a white male who is never discrimated against
I just had a thought that perhaps iBeacons will become a hardware product that Apple sell to consumers. I read that currently the battery life is a year on a watch battery, so it's safe to assume that Apple could extend that significantly. I was lucky enough to be able to treat myself to the Phillips Hue light bulbs which has been a glimpse into the future where I can set lights to come on when I get home; I'd love to have iBeacons in every room. Your phone being able to...
Why isn't Apple streaming the event? If they don't want me to watch, fine I won't. Not happy.
This is tacky in the extreme
Couldn't agree more!