or Connect

Posts by mknopp

And I I never proposed that anyone should. What I said was that the current Cable/ISP company should be split into two different companies. The ISP company would get control of the existing network and the cable company would be allowed to  buy bandwdith on that existing network from the ISP. This would allow the cable companies to remain content providers, and would also allow the ISP companies to become dumb pipe providers. Nobody needs to build anything new at all and...
I am all for this deal. I could care less about cable monopolies, they are already monopolies.   All that I want as part of the deal is for the complete separation of the ISP business from the cable business. The ISP should own the physical cabling and the cable company can purchase bandwidth from the ISP.   Without this all of this is a sad and not funny joke. Isn't it interesting that all of the "competition" that these cable jokers pointed to are in large part...
I am going to go ahead and say that this will have a much larger effect on Roku and Chromecast than it will the AppleTV. This will be especially true if Apple would ever get with the program and release and SDK for the AppleTV. Which, I am expecting with the next major hardware upgrade. Also, I find it interesting that Apple seems to be taking a different approach to the boxes. While the others are spending a lot of time and effort dealing with the content companies Apple...
So, Apple will choose quality over cheap marketing. Yeah, sounds about right. I am sorry, but anyone who buys a Samsung phone gets what they deserve a POS with a large marketing budget. I was shocked when I found out how little usable space is provided on the Galaxy phones. To me this is toeing, if not crossing, the line of false advertising.
 That is simple because the US government has done more to destroy practical and useful education in this country in the last couple of decades than most people realize. Put simply, programming isn't on the standardized tests that determine if teachers and administrators keep their jobs. Thus, it isn't going to be taught. I always found it interesting that of the amazing Japanese educational system the people in charge in the US chose the one thing that was pretty...
 I am sorry, but are you saying that physics and engineering are different based on a person's culture or skin color? Of course, I know that you aren't. I also agree with you that there are certainly some jobs where diversity in cultural understanding is a very valid job criteria. But, your contention that this is somehow a component in every job is absurd and inaccurate. The size of a resistor needed in a circuit or the most efficient way to sort an array is the exact...
 No, what Jackson wants is for people to be given a job regardless of their abilities compared to other applicants based solely upon the color of their skin. It is called racism, but it is okay in his view since the color isn't "white" (I always hated that term people don't have white skin.) Is there a problem? Damn straight there is, but as others have said, trying to address the issue at this level is beyond stupid, and quite frankly calls into question Jackson real...
Was I the only one disappointed that the article didn't start with, "Well, I was sitting in Dunkin Donuts, and ... "?
 Right there with all of you. I refuse to buy anything Samsung anymore. Somebody over there had better wake up and realize that this idiocy in their phone division is starting to spill over into their other divisions. Then again, given how much Apple seems to be working to divorce themselves from Samsung's component division I am sure that they are aware of it and simply don't care. Samsung is a horrible company, but they know how to play the political game and are free...
Seems to me that the path is clear for Apple now. Take some of that $100+ billion dollars that it has overseas and buy up some SEP. Then give Samsung the exact same licensing deal that Samsung gives them. Given how many more cheap POS phones Samsung sells I envision Apple making far more money off of Samsung than the other way around.   Or even better. Give the same SEP away free to everyone except Samsung. Of course, only do this in Korea.   The problem with all of...