or Connect

Posts by aawordy

Update: Called up customer service this morning - she checked with legal and tech support both. Everyone told her that replacing the hard drive and memory is indeed user replaceable. She even said it was DIY and if there was a problem with either hard drive or memory, they would ship out the parts to the customer to have them fix it themselves. She did say however, if I did something to the computer while trying to install either memory or hard drive, that I was...
We keep having this discussion because Apple store employees are saying it - when they stop saying it, the discussion will cease.
Hello - I went to the Apple Store in Westfarms Mall in Connecticut tonight to purchase a 13" MacBook Pro. While talking to the representative I told him that I wanted to replace the hard drive. He stated that if I even removed the bottom panel, I would automatically void my warranty. I showed him Chapter 3 of user guide that comes with the MacBook Pro which outlines instructions on how to change the hard drive and memory. I also showed him on the same documentation on the...
Hi everyone - I was on a flight home and the schmuck next to me spilled his drink on my macbook. At the time it worked fine. I cleaned up the spill, and put it in my bag. The next day, the macbook wouldn't turn on. I took it to the Apple store, and they said they noticed liquid damage. I took the top off (I figured the warranty was null and void, so what the hell) and tried to identify the problem. It looks like the heat sink took the hit, but that's odd since the...