or Connect

Posts by ebernet

Sorry I was looking at last year's Clover Trail. Yeah, these two are more similar in GHz/Watt then I was expecting...
 Not disagreeing that this is not a compelling new chip, but the tablet you referenced has a graphics core 2 generations older than the iPad 4, and has as third as many pixels than the iPad 4, yet just manages to achieve the same battery life. I think you made the point you were arguing against in so far as Intel's CPU efficiency….
 Actually, they have done such a thing. iOS 7 supports MFi and they have released both an API and reference specs for game controllers. Check your facts. I even have had app updates for games on my iPhone this morning whose changes state "Now with support for iOS 7 game controllers". I'd link to controllers advertising compatibility, but a simple web search will suffice...
 Because Apple announced a 64-bit CPU, and Samesung does not want people to think they need longer than a year to copy others? I didn't see the CEO pledge "64-bit support". He pledged a 64 bit CPU in a flagship phone in a year. For all we know it could run all 32 bit but on a 64 bit CPU...
 Probably right that it will apply to ARM as well, but that was IDF, not Google/IO. Intel makes 64 bit CPUs. By the time Android was ported to Intel, it was pretty much exclusive 64 bit CPUs. Of course the INTEL version of Android support 64 bit. I don't think there are any Intel-32 Android devices...
 It did? Please show some proof of that...
 No, iOS 1.0 did not support 3rd party apps. As was indicated, Apple was running out of time and wanted to ship the iPhone. If they knew that they were not putting out an API yet for 3rd party developers, why worry about quickly putting in a sandbox before it was needed? Just because the sandbox was not there does not mean they had no intention to support 3rd party apps… There were 3rd party apps for the iPod (the click wheel one). Don't you think those were to test the...
 SImple to look up. The original NeXTcube was a 25 MHz 68040. NeXTstep was designed around the Motorola 680x0 family and ported to Intel a few years later.
pilgrim850, why is there no outcry that the Android Market is not available on the Amazon Kindle Fire? Why is there no Barnes and Nobles Reader on the Kindle Fire, nor a Kindle book reader on the B&N Nook? Why is it that Apple is the only one obliged to allow both book readers on their tablet? Look, we are all Apple fans here, but we are not blindly following Apple. This really is an issue of specifically going against Apple's guidelines and linking to another store within...
As long as you equate an ad with "creative expression", we will never agree. I understand your point that they could have just rejected the book, but as others here said, they provided a reason - it had embedded ads. You neglect to discuss that it was rejected over content that financially benefited the author above and beyond what he agrees to in the agreement he makes with Apple, and they gave him some information as to how he could rectify that without removing the...