or Connect

Posts by tonton

Anything that doesn't involve commerce.
Apparently you're not interested in why or logically how.
Put this question to another thread and I'll respond. This thread is specificTo the marijuana issue.
Aside from the states rights issue, do you support decriminalization in your own state? I do. There is no evidence that marijuana, if legal, is a "gateway drug" that leads to abuse of other drugs. You don't find many heroin, meth and cocaine abusers in places where marijuananis legal. Marijuana is a far less dangerous drug itself than alcohol is. It's even less harmful to the body than tobacco. The commercial potential of legal, regulated marijuana trade and trade in...
So we all agree that states should be allowed to decriminalize marijuana? Good then.Perhaps the states rights issue belongs in another thread.
As we may have expected, Barney and Ron urge Obama to leave marijuana laws to the states. http://frank.house.gov/press-release/representatives-paul-and-frank-send-letter-president-obama-urging-respect-state Will the Feds back off, unlike their approach in California?
Tell us the truth, MJ, I know you're against all taxes, period. And you probably believe the disproved theory that raising taxes on the rich will cause unemployment or something, but do *any* of the proposals outlined above (except maybe capital gains) affect you directly? Is it going to change your take home pay at all? I really doubt it. You're fighting the rich's war for them. You've been taken for a ride.
Sounds good. Let's hope the anti-tax and trickle down fools don't obstruct.
That sounds fantastic, and unless you believe the trickle down lie, although it won't solve every problem, it's one step that can be taken to close the revenue gap. To anyone except the trickle down folk and "all taxes are evil" folk it looks like a good idea.
Imagine the vitriol and hate the lib'tians would spew if the Austrian School were called the American School. They may even start up a sort of political party whose main message is that any form of social assistance whatsoever is "anti-American". Oh... wait... Meanwhile, the rest of the civilized world isn't clueless. That was the point of this thread.