or Connect

Posts by tonton

When official Government military actions, presumed against military targets, have a 2 out of 3 civilian death rate and a 10, 20, 50x civilian death rate compared to the enemy, it takes a real lack of morals for someone not to see that that is not an ethical thing to do.   Whether it's called "terrorism" or not, people die. This can be stopped. This should be stopped.   If Israel really wants to gain favour enough to end this conflict, Israel must take the moral...
There are several problems with your claim:1) Supply can be artificially restricted to maintain high prices.2) The synthesis of most of these high-priced drugs is simply a matter of mixing chemicals that are themselves in abundant supply. Capacity could easily be increased if the drug companies wanted to.3) The price for generic drugs is way lower.4) The price for brand name drugs is much lower outside of the US.Um... Let me see... First, Canadian doctors stop going to the...
Are you seriously expecting Fox to report on this at all?
You see, "big government" is this great catch-all catchphrase that really helps get the angry white men all riled up and randy. But what you call big government, most people just call government, and disaster relief is one aspect of responsible government that cannot be compromised. Without it we are relying on business -- whose business it is to make a profit -- for help. There is no room for profit in disaster relief.
For disaster relief? Yes. Absolutely. Show me one example, any example, anywhere on earth where lack of government disaster relief has helped.
Yeah, I have the same problem with my countrymen. About 47%, oddly enough.
They have that system in Canada. The rich people who want to cut in line can always go to the US for treatment. And they do. Let them.   But yeah, I think the Hong Kong/Swiss/German/Austrian/Dutch/Scandinavian/Spanish/French/British system is better than the Canadian system. Canada's problem, however, is not enough doctors, due to the draw of insane profits if they practice in the US. The broken system in the US is contributing to the Canadian problem.
Quote: You're kidding, right?   Did you fail third grade economics?   Why don't you tell me what increased demand (and plenty of supply capacity) usually do to price?   Then I can tell you why it doesn't happen in the US (but it happens in Canada).   Lobbyists, corruption, quid pro status quo.
I'm sorry, but as you grow up, you'll learn to take better care of your belongings. Don't leave your iPod on a table at school and expect it to be there when you get back from the bathroom. Don't leave it in your bag, unlocked, while you go and play some hoops. Don't leave it on the lunch table at the cafeteria when you go get some more veggie lasagna.
Just a thought, but have you checked your hard drive space?