or Connect

Posts by orthorim

I don't know this is quite possibly the best marketing campaign I've ever seen.   I can't recall any marketing materials in recent history I wanted to see. I can't recall any I'd recommend to friends over social media either. This is sheer genius.    It's also the best response to Samsung's S6 camera comparisons. The S6 says "see, how this crap shot is a little less crap if you had an S6" (I don't believe this for a second but ok - it's marketing). The Apple ad...
I disagree. Samsung Pay will be totally secure. Because nobody will use it, and it will be DOA.  Seriously what reason would there be to have a me-too service like that? Samsung will probably pay off a few companies to trial it, then they'll realize still nobody is using it, and then nobody will talk about it anymore. Like 99% - or is it 100% - of all the "S" features. If Google bakes some sort of payment system into Android, it'll probably take off. Didn't follow it but I...
SPay is crap agreed. No way these are going to cost more than the iPhone 6 though. If they do, Samsung can pretty much forget about it. I bet they'll come in a teeny tiny bit lower than an iPhone 6. Like $50 - $100 off at the same configuration. 
 That, or something like it. I don't know about the time line, when they opened the patents and so on; but at some point Elon decided that more players in the E-car business are good for Tesla. So no matter what he'd welcome Apple building their own car, and given how close these two companies are physically it would make good sense to collaborate on some things. They're already kinda collaborating by hiring each other's engineers... 
^ yeah people keep saying that Apple should buy Tesla, and the main reasons are, let me summarize, 1 - Tesla is very cool (and we all agree) 2 - Elon is very cool and most importantly 3 - Apple has the money. Well those are not very good reasons. Really it boils down to "because they can"   Tesla opened their patents so anyone is free to use the tech - Elon wants competition so the E-car market takes off sooner, as he never tires of saying. So Apple creating their own...
They're training neural networks for the self driving car. The way neural networks work is that you train them with lots and lots of data, and a desired outcome, then they generalize and learn to apply it to new situations. Ok, that was the most out there thing I could come up with.   All those crazy sensors gotta be for something, maps don't need them... 
Confirmed: Jony Ive secretly loves the Dodge Caravan, calling it "the most perfectly designed vehicle I have ever seen". Apple working on clone. 
 Except Google's self driving cars pretty much work, and Elon Musk says the tech will be ready in 5 years time; he then allows for 3 years to sort out regulatory issues and prove that autonomous cars are 10x less likely than humans to have an accident. If you're over 90 years old please accept my apologies and may you live to see the day 
Security is what makes Apple Pay viable, that's true.  I don't see security as the key to sales - however, it is part of it; Apple cares so much about security because they take a holistic approach where they care about everything related to user experience. Security is part of that, and the emphasis Apple is placing on it is no co-incidence. They care. You could say of course you'd care about your customers, what big compay wouldn't? Strangely though, in the corporate...
Both; Analysts like to lowball / downtalk AAPL and it's usually all too obvious. But they haven't really done that recently because the story of how Apple is doomed is a difficult sell when every man, woman, and child on the streets is holding an iPhone 6 in their hands. I am shocked on 75M phones sold in one quarter. That's totally insane. It's a number that blows my mind. How do you even... I mean making that many is hard to fathom. An iPhone is not a simple device -...