or Connect

Posts by orthorim

Surely Apple rules mobile chips right now, and is frighteningly efficient in translating their chip superiority in clear market advantages for iPhone and iPad - smaller batteries than the competition allow them to make the thinnest phones. Might explain Apple's obsession with thin-ness: You can see something is thinner. You can't see longer lasting battery life. And you might not even care about it past 24h.   For Macs an A... chip is at least 2 years off - a long time...
It's a bizarre idea that a business abroad should pay taxes in the USA - because of what? Is that abroad business using any roads in the USA? Any infrastructure at all? Drones? Yet the IRS feels entitled to all money earned anywhere in the world. I know a bunch of US citizens who've given up their citizenship for that reason.  It's up for debate whether this government is "keeping us safe". If you're an expat outside the USA you could argue what they're doing - like...
Jesus that got ugly fast.  But if you want to process payments, and are totally clueless about security, you kind of deserve to go up in flames...
I think this is how Apple was selling this to Visa and MC - hey guys, we make your crap, non-secure system secure. For Visa/MC, that's money in the bank, greatly reducing losses due to fraud. It's well thought out. Apple has a lot of experience making their phones secure, thanks to their cat and mouse game with jailbreakers. Now for the big leagues.
"Removing this sensitive information from the mobile device significantly lowers the risk of it being inappropriately disclosed in a case that the mobile device is hacked, stolen or otherwise compromised," Davidson wrote.   This statement is so stupid it's scary.    There are only two possibilities: The CEO is an outright lier. Not great for a payment processing service with access to my bank account. Or, the CEO really believes that, in which case he's totally...
 Huh? Once again s l o w l y...Samsung would love its phones full of Samsung services. But they can't do that, they have to use whatever Google feeds them. Not that Google services are bad, but they're giving Google money
Hardware is just one of Samsung's problems. I believe they are capable of competing, however - so what if they have to make a little less on each phone, and if they have to throw GHz at the problem - the benchmarks don't look like a case of destroying, they look pretty reasonable. Samsung's main issue is Android. Samsung can't change it. Samsung can't hire a bunch of brilliant UX and software engineers and make it better, at least not in significant ways - they get to...
Let me re-phrase this: It would have been a lot less annoying had the process gone smoother. But people still put up with it, and nobody went to go get a Samsung Note 4 instead of a 6+. These people are still going to get their iPhones, and iPhones are still going to sell out every day for a little while to come. Meaning Apple sells all phones they can make for the foreseeable future.I'm sure this will be the fastest ramp up ever, but demand is also higher than ever, which...
 Oh they do. A friend of mine just demonstrated how his front pockets can actually (just barely) fit a whole iPad mini! For everyone wondering just how big a 6+ is, go to the nearest wireless store and check out the Samsung Note 3 or Note 4. It's THAT big. Which is HUGE. I am getting the 6. 
 Totally agree. The black on my _actually_ black iPhone 5 is badass. The 5S only had "space grey" and it's weak sauce. Can't beat matte black aluminum. I am sure there's some sort of manufacturing reason as to why they can't do it but still... give us back the matte black!