or Connect

Posts by orthorim

This is the Apple store home page.   iPod is right up there. 
I see two things.    One a company with too much money. Production quality out the wazoo. I mean, it was amazing. Perhaps a little too amazing. (**)   Two a company that is changing but still "has" it. This is the sort of internal video to rally the troops - both Apple employees and WWDC developers, the second tier stakeholders in Apple's continued wellbeing.    Taking down the competition like that is also pretty clever really. First, Apple shows you that if they...
They won't. Apple will just encrypt the data flow between data centers, just as Google has done once it was revealed that the NSA was listening in on Google's private lines. Thanks to Google moving data between centers constantly, a wiretap meant that the NSA had the capacity to replicate all data stored on Google servers - for example, all the Gmail servers with all mail in plain text. NSA had a perfect copy! Same with Apple. They didn't even need to hack into those...
yup obviously going to build cars there.   Global command center, yeah right. 
I tried Nokia Here maps once on my iPhone. Wasn't impressed; I'd expected the app to be mediocre, and it was, but what surprised me is how bad the map data was. Let Uber have it, even though Uber shouldn't have $3Bn... 
Money will be made with this... Apple Watch really is the ultimate cheating device with its vibration feedback.  As for chess, I lost all interest when computers got better than grandmasters. Grandmasters, at this point, should compete by designing better computer programs - my program vs. yours!  That said, people still enjoy the sport so let them. They'll have to come up with pretty sophisticated anti-cheating measures. But sports don't necessarily have to die just...
i am already thinking of ways I can justify buying one - I have a  rMBP 15". Mainly I'd miss the additional screen real estate. I run in 1920x1200 virtual pixels and it's nice. Instead of focusing on this new MacBook's drawbacks, let's see why people would buy it:- Looks gorgeous- Not too expensive- Looks so good it makes all other notebooks look bad, even older Macs- Vast majority of people does not need a ton of processing power, does not even know what sort of processor...
I don't know this is quite possibly the best marketing campaign I've ever seen.   I can't recall any marketing materials in recent history I wanted to see. I can't recall any I'd recommend to friends over social media either. This is sheer genius.    It's also the best response to Samsung's S6 camera comparisons. The S6 says "see, how this crap shot is a little less crap if you had an S6" (I don't believe this for a second but ok - it's marketing). The Apple ad...
I disagree. Samsung Pay will be totally secure. Because nobody will use it, and it will be DOA.  Seriously what reason would there be to have a me-too service like that? Samsung will probably pay off a few companies to trial it, then they'll realize still nobody is using it, and then nobody will talk about it anymore. Like 99% - or is it 100% - of all the "S" features. If Google bakes some sort of payment system into Android, it'll probably take off. Didn't follow it but I...
SPay is crap agreed. No way these are going to cost more than the iPhone 6 though. If they do, Samsung can pretty much forget about it. I bet they'll come in a teeny tiny bit lower than an iPhone 6. Like $50 - $100 off at the same configuration.