or Connect

Posts by orthorim

Let me re-phrase this: It would have been a lot less annoying had the process gone smoother. But people still put up with it, and nobody went to go get a Samsung Note 4 instead of a 6+. These people are still going to get their iPhones, and iPhones are still going to sell out every day for a little while to come. Meaning Apple sells all phones they can make for the foreseeable future.I'm sure this will be the fastest ramp up ever, but demand is also higher than ever, which...
 Oh they do. A friend of mine just demonstrated how his front pockets can actually (just barely) fit a whole iPad mini! For everyone wondering just how big a 6+ is, go to the nearest wireless store and check out the Samsung Note 3 or Note 4. It's THAT big. Which is HUGE. I am getting the 6. 
 Totally agree. The black on my _actually_ black iPhone 5 is badass. The 5S only had "space grey" and it's weak sauce. Can't beat matte black aluminum. I am sure there's some sort of manufacturing reason as to why they can't do it but still... give us back the matte black!
The 6 is an iPad killer. But yeah Apple is going to take a significant number of customers from Samsung with these - 30 - 40% perhaps. The sizes seem very carefully considered. The 4.7 is an iphone 5 modernized for the big phone era. And the 5.5 is probably as big as a phone should ever be. The weird thing is that front pockets in guys pants are getting bigger so chances are the 5.5 will still fit in a pocket...
They need an app that compels the kids to PUT DOWN that iPad once in a while and GO OUT and play outside.   On a more serious note, what would be fantastic would be if Apple just offered a bundle of "good kids apps" to buy.    That is, I point my iPad to the App store, tell them "give me the 3 year old configuration" and I get a bunch of 3 year old appropriate apps. And no in app advertising.    This is what I need as a parent. Right now the kids share my account and...
I'd actually find it weird if Tim Cook publicly "came out". Simply because it would have nothing to do with Apple. The reason he'd never do it is not because of fear, but because he knows it would (A) not benefit Apple, and (B) quite likely damage Apple. Even if it's just a small damage, it would still be damage, and why would he be doing that? It would make no sense. He would not help the gay cause, if there were one, and quite likely I don't think there is one. I think...
The fact alone that the EFF has these awards in place is great. Now tech companies have a benchmark to work against, and it's one that can be improved over the years. For example I'd like to see some scores for hack-proofing and pervasive encryption. If Google and Facebook also got perfect scores - great! It's not about "winning" here. All these companies should be expected to protect their user's privacy and the more do it the better. Google in particular has done a lot...
 That's definitely one of the very few. 4.3". Wonder how well it sells. And: It's "compact" even though it's bigger than the iPhone 5 ;) And those Sony phones kick Samsung's butt... I still think Samsung is silly looking to Apple as the #1 enemy. They should look over their shoulders and the other Android makers. 'Cause those guys are going to take Samsung's money.
 I don't know, only about 90% of Wall Street Journal articles written over the last 3 years? Anything not written by Mossberg, basically.  Unlike others, I don't think malice is behind that - although there's certainly always some who want to manipulate a stock price to their own ends. But I think in general the problem is understanding Apple's business model. They don't get it. And they keep comparing Apple/Android with Apple/Microsoft from way back when, even though...
 Well I think we can disagree on the definition of "nerd".  I'm a heavily technical user myself, programmer, studied CS, et cetera, and yeah I very much enjoy the iAppliances as they are. iPhone and iPad will in the future be regarded as the first computing appliances. General purpose computers that are also appliances. PCs and also Macs are not - they're too complicated, there are too many options which means too many things can (and will) go wrong, and they keep running...