or Connect

Posts by cy_starkman

WAhhh something just clicked, so first up we know about it, then developers start working on it, then we get the launch deets, now some apps are coming out with watch modules, then the pre-launch launch happens.. By which time you can walk in with your iPhone thay might actually be equipped with apps and already has the apple watch app.. and then the sales rep pairs your phone to a watch to example how it all seamlessly works.. you get all of 15 mins and then away if goes....
Because you don't ask someone to try on a $1000-$17,000 watch while it is security locked to a counter, it wouldn't even really fit on the wrist with a meaningful security cable they will need time to do "market development" not just sales, whereby you educate your market about the product - this is best done on on one with early adopters who might otherwise walk away confused about what it does each person will have a unique use case that needs to be personally...
I am willing to check it out for a month. Though I have to say ASCII that it might be all you eat so long as you don't eat much or are happy with old food. I looked at Doctor Who this morning for example, the recent season is missing. As for "adding more content over time" good luck with that, if you check out iTunes even in Australia the owners of "rental" licensing for movies have it largely crippled. I could only begin to list the amount of films that are missing and...
Fitbit is meh, if you want a fitness watch then you would at least go Basis or Garmin as both trounce Fitbit. they also over provide a tonne of features that are of dubious value and quality instead of focusing on what is needed. being the Walmart of fitness devices isn't a place to aim for and they wallow in it with joy
solip was not whining about anything. here's whining. I would be suprised if Australian banks ever adopt Touch ID for their apps, most all still only offer limited length passwords, instantly hack able phone banking and woeful two factor dongles that get lost all too easily. you'd almost think they intend for you to be defrauded. on the flip side use your card in another city and chances are they will lock the whole account down to be safe. and then just to befuddle us...
Alas, I also was waiting to see if I could use it while swimming. I cycle, run trail and swim and wanted a device to measure all of those with constant heart rate. No swim, no Apple Watch. I too look like a Garmin customer after all.
It competes by lasting 7 days not less than 1. Which is you know, useful in a watch. Looks great, delivers on the functions, lasts a long time, has expandability, compatible with iOS and Android, already has a strong developer base and comes from a company that has sold more units than Android Wear OEM's Bravo. Let's give them a damn honest bravo.
After reading the comments across this thread and attracting a wild number of comments myself   I have this to say in conclusion to my involvement in the discussion.   Wow.   Here are some choices 4 year old children make that involve the decision trees used by the majority of people commenting.   "I won't wear those shoes, they don't have Dora on them"   "That sweater is useless, it is a batman one not spiderman"   After smashing gift on the ground "I don't...
yesi don't live in the snow.safety is important and I didn't mention anything against the two functions a car performs, a) move you b) safely from here to there.if you need to do that in a multiplex cinema in couches at 25c then get the **** off the road because that is the opposite of safety.in car flat screens on the dash are not safety options. CarPlay or any infotainment system is not safety.navigation is a bit of you are constantly driving in unknown locations,...
I totally agree with you in the first point, given two cars with same engineering, ease of repair and endurance of components. but for the same price one has a bunch of point in time useful accessories then I too would make that choice. I might not use them frequently but when I did I would be glad they were there.if on the other hand, the hand I was describing a person chose an inferior car simply because it had a great stezza and 4 zone air con then I think my point has...