or Connect

Posts by Tardis

Finally, somebody gets it. AppleInsider should relegate anything Gene Munster says about Apple going into the TV making business to a separate website. The idea simply does not make sense.
JDW, Yes, I do forgive you and yes, you did misread my statement. The very simple point was that the second screenshot in the original article had an English-language spelling mistake. The word "horizontal" was written with a t in place of the r as "hotizontal". That was all. So I do agree that the rest of what you wrote may have been better Japanese than AI presented. I am not a user of ATOK, so I have no idea why it would help the Mac OS X Japanese text input. It seems...
The example actually says "This is a hotizontal text layout" Also, I think you will find that Apple's OS X text input allows Japanese SOD. English and European language speakers don't appreciate this, but one factor in Apple's success in selling computers and phones in Asia is that OS X does two-byte languages. Linux and Android does not. By that I mean, sure, you can get Mac, Windows and Linux PC's to work in, say, Chinese, or accept input in Chinese, you can get a phone...
I thought Steve Jobs was American, from California, as were his adoptive parents. I believe his natural father was Syrian, and assume that he was a Muslim. I do not know or particularly care what religion any of them follow, nor did I intend, by reference to a long-running joke about a movie about Hitler, to make any reference to their religious beliefs or racial origins.I might have been making a dig against Canadians, though ........
So, Apple deliberately ordered touch panels just to prevent Research in Motion's PlayBook tablet being released on time? Rather than, for example, because there was huge demand for Apple's iPad? Would Apple ever do such a thing? How does the video go? SS Dr. Cook: I am afraid, mein Fuhrer, if we order enough iPad screens, it will mean the downfall of the Canadians .................
http://www.electronista.com/articles...me.for.iphone/
Apple has asked its retail employees to sign non-disclosure agreements ......... AppleInsider has been told. So, until now, Apple retail employees have not been asked to sign non-disclosure agreements?
So I can get this as a "firmware fix" on my Magic Mouse?
Only one person seriously thinks that Apple would get into manufacturing TV displays, and that is Gene Munster at Piper Jaffray, and he has been banging on about this idea for many years, since long before the first Apple TV was announced. Gene Munster's stupid idea about Apple making a living-room-style TV has not been able to even take on board the latest changes that Apple made to the "Apple TV" hardware module, in particular the consumer-friendly $99 pricing, that...
I think the article means that video rentals from the iTunes Store are $60 million per quarter, while video purchases are $50 million per quarter. As you say, Apple operates to sell hardware. Those 1 million Apple TV units sold in the last quarter represent almost $100 million per quarter hardware sales.