or Connect

Posts by derekmorr

What are you talking about? The TweetDeck developers explicitly said that developing for Android was not a problem. It seems that you're misrepresenting what they said.You claimed Google "broke something fundamental between 2.1 and 2.2," and that "[t]hey had to fragment their flagship app just to get it to run." Nothing was broken. The Google Search app was part of the Android project. Some carriers stripped that app out on their Android phones, so Google broke it out into...
Huh? The Tweetdeck developers specifically said that developing for Android wasn't a problem : http://www.businessinsider.com/tweet...e-jobs-2010-10. You don't know what you're talking about. No one "broke" anything from 2.1 to 2.2, and the Google Search app is present. You're talking about Voice Actions. The article you linked to is very poorly written and the author clearly doesn't understand how to use his phone. If you want to install a new search widget, for say, Bing...
Ummm.... what? There's nothing contradictory about those statements.
What? I haven't made any comments about Android hardware relative to the iPhone 3GS. What is your evidence for the 10% claim? Is there an Android device database you're referencing? And how are you measuring this 10% claim - 10% of the shipped devices or 10% of the device types? I suspect you're just making things up.
Who's being emotional? The original poster claimed that Android sucks b/c the Unreal engine hadn't been ported. He was wrong. Then you chimed in and moved the goalposts. There could be any number of reasons for different system requirements. It's ridiculous to overgeneralize.
Typical fanboy. Rant and rave, and when you're proven wrong, change the subject, rant and rave some more, and call other technologies names. I honestly wonder why I even bother posting here anymore, since the probability of intelligent conversation is nearly zero.
You mean like the Unreal game for Android - http://www.develop-online.net/news/3...e-rumours-grow ? "Florida-based studio Trendy Entertainment has ported its Dungeon Defenders game – which was built with UE3 – to Android devices just days after its iOS release."
Why don't you reply to my point rather than change the subject.
Typical fanboy response: Provide no data and call other people names. Ok, I'm done. It's not worth my time talking to you.
So, again, aside from sweeping generalities, do you have any evidence to back up your claims? People do actually upgrade to newer versions of Windows (and Mac OS X) on their PCs. IIRC, Mr. Jobs regularly touts this during the WWDC keynote.