or Connect

Posts by derekmorr

No, not a nerve. You're just annoying, frustrating, and pathetic. Can you point to a statement by the Tweetdeck developers discussing per-platform tweaks? Did you download the Tweetdeck .apk and examine the dex files? In other words, do you have any actual evidence that per-device customization was necessary? No, you don't have any such evidence. Of course, this won't stop you from making baseless claims. I'm done responding to you unless you can provide evidence.
You have zero evidence of this. It's pure speculation. Did the Tweetdeck dev's ever say that they had to add any per-device hacks? I see this is what you resort to -- when your arguments are rebuked, you just make stuff up. How pathetic.
You really are crazy. The Tweetdeck for Android app runs on any device with 1.6 or higher; that's 95.3% of all Android phones, using Google's current data. It's rated 4.5 stars on the market. How is that possibly an example of fragmentation causing problems? You're just so convinced that this alleged fragmentation is causing problems that you ignore the evidence to the contrary.
Your reading comprehension skills are seriously lacking. From the article you linked to: "what might be considered extreme fragmentation." Here is their comment on their actual experiences developing for Android: Did we at any point say it was a nightmare developing on Android? Err nope, no we didn’t. It wasn’t. So, despite the appearance of fragmentation, it wasn't difficult for them to develop their Android app. Do you get that now, or do I have to repeat myself for a...
What are you talking about? The TweetDeck developers explicitly said that developing for Android was not a problem. It seems that you're misrepresenting what they said.You claimed Google "broke something fundamental between 2.1 and 2.2," and that "[t]hey had to fragment their flagship app just to get it to run." Nothing was broken. The Google Search app was part of the Android project. Some carriers stripped that app out on their Android phones, so Google broke it out into...
Huh? The Tweetdeck developers specifically said that developing for Android wasn't a problem : http://www.businessinsider.com/tweet...e-jobs-2010-10. You don't know what you're talking about. No one "broke" anything from 2.1 to 2.2, and the Google Search app is present. You're talking about Voice Actions. The article you linked to is very poorly written and the author clearly doesn't understand how to use his phone. If you want to install a new search widget, for say, Bing...
Ummm.... what? There's nothing contradictory about those statements.
What? I haven't made any comments about Android hardware relative to the iPhone 3GS. What is your evidence for the 10% claim? Is there an Android device database you're referencing? And how are you measuring this 10% claim - 10% of the shipped devices or 10% of the device types? I suspect you're just making things up.
Who's being emotional? The original poster claimed that Android sucks b/c the Unreal engine hadn't been ported. He was wrong. Then you chimed in and moved the goalposts. There could be any number of reasons for different system requirements. It's ridiculous to overgeneralize.
Typical fanboy. Rant and rave, and when you're proven wrong, change the subject, rant and rave some more, and call other technologies names. I honestly wonder why I even bother posting here anymore, since the probability of intelligent conversation is nearly zero.