or Connect

Posts by Mystigo

That's a very interesting theory. I think the logic might be a tad flawed though. Can't quite put my finger on it.
 https://adblockplus.org AdBlock Plus is excellent. Don't get AdBlock - (without the plus) it's a different product, and they allegedly sell access to advertisers to bypass the filters.
I might have been mistaken about the immediacy of the attack. I thought this was something that could be executed from Javascript. It looks like that is not the case. The naive delivery mechanism would be through having the user run an installer. That installer would not require elevated privileges, but it is an installer none-the-less and something the user would have to double-click intentionally.   As was pointed out by ars technica though, if there is any means of...
This is as bad as it gets. This is not some garbage "attacker has to sneak over to your machine while you are on break and you left the machine with a root shell running" kind of attack. I verified the hack as well. It is very real and extraordinarily dangerous. Let's see how fast Apple can react in a real emergency.
Now if they could just get it to work. Nearly every site I visit refuses to display the non-mobile site even when I request the desktop version. The option might as well not exist. They need to lie about the canvas size or something. It is so frustrating not being able to zoom in on stuff.
Here's a slight problem, especially for those on capped data plans enforced by the devil comcast: every skip instantly costs you 10 MBs of data. Skipping 100 songs a day will eat a gigabyte of your cap. Multiply that by the number of kids in the house and it's gonna start hurting even more than it already does trying to stay under that thimble full of data they give you.   Moral of the story: don't skip songs if you are routinely having trouble staying under your data cap.
Same problem. I have iTunes 12.1 and there is no update for it. That is kinda bad Apple. Not a good day to glitch. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7103621?start=0&tstart=0
A little off-topic -but can anyone recommend a solid "getting started" tutorial for experienced C++11 / Java / Objective-C programmers?
My daughter's phone was doing the same thing. Just rebooting periodically. Two or three times a day. We are on AT&T. She cracked the display on it so when we told them about the rebooting issue at the Apple store, they just replaced the whole unit (we still had to pay for the cracked display though).
All of development at my company uses Macs. We have for years. We develop for Mac OS, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, WinPhone, and HTML platforms. We use C 11, Objective-C, Java, C#, and JavaScript. Source control is all through git. All of this can be done on a Mac. It is really nice never having to switch machines and its really nice having a native command line interface to the machine.