or Connect

Posts by Mystigo

All of development at my company uses Macs. We have for years. We develop for Mac OS, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, WinPhone, and HTML platforms. We use C 11, Objective-C, Java, C#, and JavaScript. Source control is all through git. All of this can be done on a Mac. It is really nice never having to switch machines and its really nice having a native command line interface to the machine.
A dog with one watch always knows what time it is. A dog with two watches is never quite sure.
I bet if Samsung were to sue Apple for trade-dress violations, they would win a multi-billion dollar award which would be tripled on appeal and would have to pay a court croney millions of dollars a year to "keep an eye on them". Apple just can't get a break with these courts.
In France income inequality got really bad at one point. They evened it out with the guillotine.
Hmm. One thing to consider though: Objective-C is the language, but Cocoa frameworks are the lifeblood of the app. If it's just Objective-C without Cocoa, it's DOA.
This is actually pretty amazing. If it's a high quality implementation, they will pick up a raft load of apps very quickly. There are some very nice Mac-only apps written in Objective-C which could be ported quickly.   But something that is more interesting by far, is the possibility that a new app developer for Windows might think, why not Objective-C? Two birds with one stone as it were.   There has been a universal disconnect between the two platforms for decades...
Comcast has alienated so many people with their horrific service, high prices, and draconian data caps, that people wouldn't **** on them if they were on fire. While, in some sense, I admire their brutality, they have only themselves to blame.
I really need Discover to get on board.
Are those FedEx or UPS fatalities? I doubt it's DHL. I don't see them around very much.
I like to think I am open to new uses of technology, but this just makes no practical sense to me. The liability issues alone would make this a non-starter. As soon as one of these things fall out of the sky and cause a traffic fatality, or maim an unlucky kid, any and all cost-savings would be lost.   It just makes no sense.