or Connect

Posts by cubefan

Its all got a bit emotional hasn't it?   The Mac Pro supports 3 x 4K screens, but Apple don't sell a display to go with it, yet...   4K screens are in the wild, the Sony X9 is better than awesome.   4K movies are on Blu-Ray or Ultraviolet,  but how much 4K content is actually out there, shot with 4K cameras, not much.   There's no Apple TV, yet.... could there be no Apple TV yet because:   1. It will be 4K 2. There's not enough content 2a. Or perhaps broadcast...
 Hi there,  by and large I agree with your post, however I would suggest that Microsoft's primary motivation is to prop up the share price.  Microsoft don't SELL software, it is licensed, that's what the very small print states.  The license restricts how and on what devices you can use the software. I had a debate at work over software licensing - and numerous iOS developers would agree - better to make 10,000 sales at $5, or 1,000,000 sales at $1.49 than one sale at...
There's already a smartphone on the market with a fingerprint scanner. It's only available in Japan, runs Android and probably won't leave Japan but at least it's out in the market despite Apple buying Authentec which almost certainly delayed development. Massively looking forward tho to next week :-)
Windows phone MAY have been a factor in the past, but only because there was NOTHING better, in reality the Windows CE based phone with a stylus was total rubbish. Steve was right, we all have universal pointing devices fully integrated.
I had a Sony Tablet S,  typical Sony build quality - solid,  interesting form factor, nice to handle.    This is not a cheap device, around the same price as an iPad. BUT STILL CATASTROPHICALLY LET DOWN BY THE OPERATING SYSTEM.   The device wouldn't stay attached to my WiFi for more than 15 minutes without disconnecting when no other device disconnected. So as a standalone media consumption device OK.  As an online connected consumption device - A LOAD OF...
I'm in a bit of a Bind here, a book is never 'binded' but 'bound'. Sorry to be picky and all that.
And the reason its wrong is because the Romans used addition and subtraction with their date system. They didn't have to use SI units to manage their world, they had legions!
Oh so predictable, and swift, to the benefit of Apple's retail business and most importantly CUSTOMERS.  Hopefully staff morale will not have been too damaged in the long term.  Us Brits said it wasn't a good idea....   If they want somebody from this side of the Pond who gets customer service, Apple need to look at another British business in which all employees have total customer focus in every store - The John Lewis Partnership - their technology departments sell...
Dick,  I agree with your points - well made,  the really interesting thing is how much has turned round - almost back to proprietary operating systems on custom silicon - Apple and IBM are the last remnants of an industry where every manufacturer had their own end to end ecosystem - DEC, Apollo, Sun etc. etc. admittedly some were more open than others but it was the cost of support carried by customers which eventually broke down into the Wintel world.   Apple has...
There's something wrong with the anodizing processes if there is: Discolouration and fading A surface that its easily scratched   Anodizing is a process which 'grows' an oxide layer on top of the metal surface, the anodized layer provides protection for the metal finish and prevents corrosion when the surface is exposed to conditions which would normally result in damage to the underlying metal.  When examined under a scanning electron microscope the surface is...