or Connect

Posts by cubefan

And the reason its wrong is because the Romans used addition and subtraction with their date system. They didn't have to use SI units to manage their world, they had legions!
Oh so predictable, and swift, to the benefit of Apple's retail business and most importantly CUSTOMERS.  Hopefully staff morale will not have been too damaged in the long term.  Us Brits said it wasn't a good idea....   If they want somebody from this side of the Pond who gets customer service, Apple need to look at another British business in which all employees have total customer focus in every store - The John Lewis Partnership - their technology departments sell...
Dick,  I agree with your points - well made,  the really interesting thing is how much has turned round - almost back to proprietary operating systems on custom silicon - Apple and IBM are the last remnants of an industry where every manufacturer had their own end to end ecosystem - DEC, Apollo, Sun etc. etc. admittedly some were more open than others but it was the cost of support carried by customers which eventually broke down into the Wintel world.   Apple has...
There's something wrong with the anodizing processes if there is: Discolouration and fading A surface that its easily scratched   Anodizing is a process which 'grows' an oxide layer on top of the metal surface, the anodized layer provides protection for the metal finish and prevents corrosion when the surface is exposed to conditions which would normally result in damage to the underlying metal.  When examined under a scanning electron microscope the surface is...
Had to check my posts - just in case I was going to repeat myself - I live in the UK, Dixons is renowned for the most shocklingly average customer service, i.e. NONE EXISTENT.  Most of the stores are staffed by people with less knowledge than the average tech savvy teenager, assuming you can find one a member of staff in the first place.   This is the COMPLETE opposite of the experience I have ever had in any Apple store in the UK or on a visit to Washington DC -...
  Hear hear,  I owned a Windows smartphone, two actually, they were complete rubbish owing to the need to have a microscope to see the text and a stylus to drive the screen - but it was clearly Windows.   Aan iPhone / iPod / iPad IS an Apple product, Apple deserve to be protected from copyists, no matter how large the company doing the copying.  I own a Sony tablet S,  the one with the teardrop shape, it runs Android, it doesn't LOOK like an iPad, it works like a tablet...
Common sense says the Mac Pro will live on in a smaller form factor, at least I hope so - CPU's have more cores, disks have vastly greater capacity at the same or lower cost.. Its the technology cycle at work, more bangs, fewer bucks. Two drive bays will hold 8TB at currently shipping sizes.. I personally think it would be tragic to stop building it after dropping the server line, I like the idea of a convertible floor or rack mounting unit. Half the size, just as much...
Unless Google starts behaving like a responsible adult over FRAND patents then I am voting with all my hands, feet and electronic devices and dumping Google applications, services and products, not that Android was EVER of any interest. With the support of Cisco and Microsoft, Apple SHOULD be going thermonuclear on stolen IP, its not like Apple haven't contributed to the FRAND patent pool.
Proof please for such a sweeping statement, it may be Off Topic but it cannot go unchallenged. AFAIK it IS A WELL KNOWN fact that more energy is consumed in creating a car than using it, this is true for conventionally fuelled vehicles, and most certainly true for lithium celled vehicles. You need to do a whole life energy usage analysis which includes making, using, maintaining and decommissioning to make an effective comparison. Lithium is a very unpleasant material...
And why would this cable with power AND data not use Thunderbolt?, with PC free setup, storage and recovery over the ether the future for sync is over WiFi/3/4G, but you can possibly see the potential of an iPhone that has cable free slow trickle charge possibly using the NFC antenna.... (for which there's not much evidence) but this is the kind of innovation for which Apple is rightfully famous. Equally USB2.0 is painfully slow if you have a lot of data on a 64G iPad (I...