or Connect

Posts by cubefan

Must try the cool approach with my defective shuffle, inexpensive - perhaps, irreplacable - definitely, underused - absolutely. A 50th birthday present, it has died after not being used / charged for a few weeks - I use an iPod touch most of the time but the shuffle is out of warranty :-( am hoping it can be resurrected.
Its taken me an hour to read all the posts on this thread, but its been worth it, all the technology, products and patents are converging: a bit of background first tho: I have one of those so-called Windows smartphones, WM6 powered, the hardware is ok, far too big, but the OS is rubbish, I have hardly used it, ever. My other half has an iPhone which does more, in a smaller form factor which is easier to hold and use, lovely To the future: I have an iPod touch, I...
Design and consistency takes EFFORT, it requires OWNERSHIP and accountability. A strong design team led from the top makes this happen, I may be sad and be able to name the leaders of Apples' design team but that's because the stuff looks great, feels great and generally works great. The UI in OS X forces a degree of consistency Windows cannot offer, loads of websites have copied round ended blue buttons, that's imitation - paying homage to something that looks good and...
Interesting discussion from a throw-away comment, bottom line is: Apple innovates where others fear to tread. Putting an SD slot in new machines makes sense if you want to provide bootable media without the overhead of a physical optical drive. Apple's creativity in enabling target disk mode in Firewire, over the wireless optical sharing for an Air - they are a couple of examples of forward thinking - a better solution might be - make it possible to build an SL...
For that you need ezShare, works over WiFi from an iPod touch, absolutely brilliant!, would probably work over the internet if you were prepared to risk letting Bonjour out onto the net and your devices in, IMHO, too big a risk. Does iDisk too...
Reality check, mighty mouse is a TWO button mouse with a few other tricks besides, get your facts right. A proper UI doesn't need a two button mouse for everything, an iPhone doesn't have a mouse, a finger will do, a pair of fingers does UI control other 'innovators' haven't thought of. Real Innovation is something M$ don't do, IMHO, if its not bought in, the ideas are copied and the monopoly position exploited to eliminate competition...
MS should build as many expensive stores as possible on the most expensive real estate, if they can afford to make a lo$$ on an XBox, why should their store$ be any different?
Can see this is all leading somewhere, providing zoom through pinch and spread is one big step towards being able to size and crop photos taken with the camera on a nano. But I'm still wanting a wireless keyboard that INCLUDES a mouse / trackpad capability thats big enough to use on your lap. The wireless keyboards are just great, as keyboards, the mighty mouse clogs, so now there's an OS coming that understands finger movements on a touch screen, how about something...
Blowfish, you don't happen to be using a windows PC to download your iPhone update?Every time I update my iPod touch from an XP laptop it blows up leaving me with a bricked device, the first time it happened the Genius in the Apple shop reflashed my iPod with V2.0.Now I just use the Mac mini upstairs, but its majorly inconvenient to not be able to use the machine I have to spend my working time on. The Genius reported that all of the problems with bricked iPhone and...
Thank you for your explanations, nerd speak forgiven!, Your notes explain why in the UK a cellphone on Vodafone drops calls in the same way (and it is NOT an iPhone), over here an iPhone on O2 is actually pretty good whereas a Nokia 6021 on Vodafone is rubbish. Its the provider, not the handset, An iPhone on Orange's UK network would be even better, coverage and service are spot-on, oh please!!!!