or Connect

Posts by genovelle

Have you not learned that even your over used cliché was made up by someone. You actually have to use your mind to do so though.
That would have been done 5 years ago if it wasn't politically unpopular. If the government used tax dollars to build out the last mile and we could have any provider we wanted, this would not be an issue at all. That provider would pay a fee for maintenance as long as they are the provider.
That's the problem. The consumer is already paying premium prices for the data to stream at the higher speed. In your analogy, if the we were paying extra to drive at 80 mph and have access to the zip lane, but they allowed trucking companies to pay more and excuse you from your paid service forcing you to drive in the slow lane at random times and drive 20 mph. Imagine paying for a plane ticket across country, but when you arrive the put you on a bus because a big company...
The ISP only has control of the last mile which is the problem. Basically they are filtering at the switch in your neighborhood.
Agreed! The Netflix of the world will then charge more for their service and smaller companies services will seem to be flawed when it's really the ISP creating the disparity. Another solution would be a requirement that they tell you everytime your service is degraded and why.
So I assume you like being paying for useless services. It's one thing if heavy trafficking in my area causes network congestion but for my download to be impeded because my neighbors are watch netfix a lot. I have a problem with that. Up to should never be selective service degrading for paying customers. That would be like Apple paying Verizon to give priority signal to iphones and drop calls from Android phones if there are too many phones on a tower.
Sounds like just what we need.  If I'm paying $145 a month for 60 Gigabits Per Sec, I'm paying to get my content faster when I want it.  To throttle my service down to 5 because they made a deal with another company is total crap!  This simple solution is that anytime a paying customer's service is potentially effected by one of these contracts their bill is automatically credited by the percentage of decreased available service.  
It's not a friend I don't know them from adam. It is a policy. And for your information icloud services are blocked frim our servers as was Chrome until like a hacker they modified their code to make it nearly impossible to block. We had a period after this change that almost everything online was blocked and only recently I discovered this was why. They just relented and now constantly reimage the computers until they move to a new system all together. Most systems are...
An article from 2008? Google is the same company that hacked safari to track people who blocked tracking. It took losing a lawsuit for them to admit it. There is no reason to have an independent server run in the background for a web browser. The browser can request this without such. If it's just text as suggested, it would take a fraction of a second with the speed of connections today. This can be done as it opens. It's interesting that other browsers that offer the...
The IT department at the hospital I work for showed me that. Chrome installs a server that's running in the background. It's banded but earlier this year Google made it difficult to block downloads without locking out most of the Internet from employees.