or Connect

Posts by genovelle

Sorry for my clueless post but with access to Apple's 800,0000,000 iTunes accounts most with credit cards attached, beats music should greatly accelerate, considering they have 40,000,000 iTunes Radio users in less than a year. Also estimates put the profit margin on beats headphones at 75% Which means I was wrong, it would take 3 years with no growth to get their money back. Beats had be growing at 30% per year.
1.5 billion in revenue with their 75% + profit margin = 1.1 billion in profit.
Keep in mind that revenue does not include Beats Music and most of their acquisitions don't have any significant revenue or built in customers that aren't already buying apple gear already.
I think Cook is bringing people online who sure up places Jobs would have help with. With Iovine they get the person who helped secure the iTunes deals in the first place so, they are really getting back to basics. As far as managing brands, each market that Apple is in is a Brand of its own and completely different markets, but they are designed to support each other. Beats really fits their music line, I see so many iPhones attached to Beats headphones on campus that I...
It's bigger than you think and they spend lots of money. There is a reason Walmart so big. I don't even think it's just about that market per se. The urban market currently drives the future of the suburban market. Just like urban and hip hop music became pop music. They know they have to plug that hole because they don't need pop culture to start writing negative songs about them.
The difference here is, this company actually makes real money and has two people that can help them in other ways. I believe buying a successful company for just two years of their revenue, and gaining the best streaming service, and accessories that your competitors try to use to make them seem cooler than you, is much better than spending the same money on a thermostat company that only makes $300 million a year. Or better yet, 12.8 billion on Motorola which hadn't made...
Jobs seemed to have a great deal of respect for both these guys. I think connections may be the wrong word. A better one would be relationships. Jobs provided that aspect and that can have a major impact on negotiations. That's why Beats was able to secure the licenses to stream at better terms than Apple could. Tim is very smart to recognize that dynamic when many will have no clue as to the difference.
You just hate Dr Dre huh? They bought an extremely successful company for basically nothing. It's revenue covers the cost in two years. They get so much more from streaming to gaining access to the only malarkey in the US that shuns Apple and thinks Samsung is innovative. The urban market. And trust me, this is not dominated by African Americans. The hip hip culture is wider than you think it is.
Why not. Stylish popular designs that actually sell and make a high margin, a streaming service that actually has the best curation system in the market, and two music industry giants on board for all your music initiative from promotions to negotiations, to insight on pop and urban culture, to music production. Add to that the fact that if having Apple's marketing and design behind them doesn't increase revenue at all it would still pay for itself in two years since they...