or Connect

Posts by genovelle

Jobs seemed to have a great deal of respect for both these guys. I think connections may be the wrong word. A better one would be relationships. Jobs provided that aspect and that can have a major impact on negotiations. That's why Beats was able to secure the licenses to stream at better terms than Apple could. Tim is very smart to recognize that dynamic when many will have no clue as to the difference.
You just hate Dr Dre huh? They bought an extremely successful company for basically nothing. It's revenue covers the cost in two years. They get so much more from streaming to gaining access to the only malarkey in the US that shuns Apple and thinks Samsung is innovative. The urban market. And trust me, this is not dominated by African Americans. The hip hip culture is wider than you think it is.
Why not. Stylish popular designs that actually sell and make a high margin, a streaming service that actually has the best curation system in the market, and two music industry giants on board for all your music initiative from promotions to negotiations, to insight on pop and urban culture, to music production. Add to that the fact that if having Apple's marketing and design behind them doesn't increase revenue at all it would still pay for itself in two years since they...
It's interesting that you say thry could sell on their own sites. This is one of the reasons they wanted the agency model. Publishers couldn't sell from their sites when Amazon who had 90% of the market is selling your product below your cost. A thriving book market depends on wide availability. When one company drives other companies out or prevents entry, that is bad for consumers. I don't like giving my credit card info to multiple companies, so limiting my choice to...
Wow!  That was a great article!
They are!
Well my loyalty is to the Apple who has consistently worked to provide the best products even when I was convinced the garbage I was buying before was amazing. I joined this and similar sites after my transition to Apple from Microsoft and later from Palm once the iPhone arrived. The level of service I have received has not be even approached by any company I've dealt with. I can tell you how many times I've had them good will a repair that was years out of warranty. Not...
So you want Apple's competitors to be as good as Apple at being Apple, so you can buy products from them? Sounds logical. I think Apple should have classes to help them. /s
That would get less clicks.
The difference is that each of these were developed to support a hardware product. With iTunes it made the iPod and iPhone possible. Final Cut, Logic, and Maps we developed because their partners refused to properly support their products on Apple's platform putting them at a disadvantage. Doing so forced them to either bring their offerings up to par or be pushed out of the Apple market.