or Connect

Posts by 2oh1

I hate that they're abandoning Aperture before launching its replacement.  I guess I'm going to switch to Lightroom 5, but I started testing it this week in anticipation of this, and it just feels so clumsy and clunky by comparison.
I absolutely LOVE my Philips Hue bulbs. It's true that the current iOS app isn't great, but I never use it anymore. Hue has an open API, so I whipped up a bit of code to control mine using my Mac. With Applescript, an Apple remote and the free BetterTouchTool OSX app, I now have a physical remote for my lights. I've been using it this way for over a year, and it works flawlessly. Better still: it's easy to teach a universal remote the Apple remote functions, which...
I look forward to seeing how this plays out.  I own Philips Hue bulbs and I can't say enough good things about them.  I have my lights set up to automatically turn on if I come home after sunset.  The bulbs use a geofence, so they turn on a few minutes before I get to my front door.  I've also programmed some light settings into keyboard hotkeys on my Mac and into my universal remote.  It's such a marvelous system.  The Hue iPhone and iPad apps are neat, but I haven't used...
 This is true, but it's a good thing.  It means more money for Apple, which means more money in R&D, which means better stuff for us all in years to come.
I haven't tried a Bloom, but I did buy and return a Lightstrip.  The Lightstrip was awesome, but it didn't suit my particular needs, sadly.  That being said, I am a huge fan of Hue.  Yeah, it's pricey, but it's also pretty amazing how big of a difference those bulbs can make.  Lighting is one of the easiest ways to make a big home improvement, and once you've used these, it's hard to go back to standard light bulbs.  It's so easy to add a bit - or a lot - of warmth to your...
This app is a good start, but I'm betting it's buggy.  Also, echoing the previous comment, the idea that the QX10 and QX100 are just lenses is pretty ignorant.  They're cameras.
Any thoughts on how scratch resistant the new space gray will be compared to the previous silver?  I bought an iPad 3 the day it was released and never used a case.  It still looks brand new.  I'm hoping the new space gray will be as tough if not tougher.
Philips made the API for HUE open and available (and well documented too!) so, you could always whip up some applescripts for controlling your lights with hotkeys on your Mac. There are already some Mac apps for Hue, including the free QuickHue menubar app that's on Github. I've owned a Hue starter pack (3 bulbs plus a hub) since last spring, and I absolutely love them. I never use the iPhone app, but I do have the iPhone app set up to turn my lights on automatically...
elehcdn, I'm not seeing iOS 7 yet either.
Anybody else getting an error when they try to update to iTunes 11.1?