or Connect

Posts by 2oh1

Do most people prefer a white face for their iPhones? It seems odd that the only model with a black face is the space gray option. If Apple adds a fourth color option, it'll mean 3 out of 4 will have a white front.
I think Philips has said that's coming - but one really cool thing about Hue is that the API is open and documented, so you can already do anything you'd want in terms of home automation.  I control my Hue with my Mac using Applescript.  And thanks to the free (and awesome!) BetterTouchTool app, it's easy to use those Applescripts to control Hue using a keyboard, trackpad or even an Apple Remote.  Or, for the best option, you can buy a Flirc usb IR receiver dongle and...
I love my Hue, but I don't understand why Philips keeps creating these lights that sit at a weird angle.
No upgrade pricing for the users who have supported Flexbits for years. I'm willing to bet they'll drop the price or at least put it on a much bigger sale once we've already bought it. I don't mind paying more for better software, but this price seems too much. I wouldn't complain if they'd put it on a bigger sale at launch.
Please please please, please release a standalone Magic Trackpad version of this.
Even the basic version is fantastic. I bought it when it was first released and I love it. I'm so glad it's back, which means development continues.
No, his first name ain't baby. It's Ron. Mr Johnson if you're nasty.
Even better than using 3rd party apps, the code that controls Philips Hue bulbs is open, so once you figure out the basics, you can control Hue with Applescript from your Mac.  Why would you want to do that?  Well, if you pair your Mac up with an Apple Remote (I'm talking about the $20 physical remote control Apple sells for Macs and Apple TV) and BetterTouchTool, you can control your lights by remote control.  Just assign each button to trigger an Applescript....
No.  My point is that you have to keep it in perspective.  Let's say a boxer consistently knocks out opponents in the first or second round.  Then, one day, it takes him until the fifth round.  It's silly to start saying "Wow, it looks like he's not doing so well."  It's ridiculous, even.  By any reasonable measure, 50% adoption of a new OS in less than 2 months is pretty amazing, especially since there are a lot of devices iOS 8 can't run on.  I still have an iPhone 4...
"Finally" breaks 50%.  How long does it take a new release of Android to reach 50%?